MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26801

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones Left_bar_bleue1/1Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones Empty
PostSubject: Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones   Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 2:29 pm

Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones Gustafssonisout_zpse63e8cdc

By Rich Davie
@RichDavie
July 24, 2014

Alexander Gustafsson is out of the UFC 178 main event against Jon Jones, and Daniel Cormier is now in against Jones !

Gustafsson has suffered an injury in which he has torn the meniscus in his knee during training, and he unfortunately has been forced to withdraw from the highly anticipated rematch against Jones.

Daniel Cormier has been waiting for his shot at Jones for a little while now, and by stepping up to fill in for Gustafsson at UFC 178 his "dream" has finally come true.

Cormier will be fighting Jones for the UFC light heavyweight championship that will be the main event for the UFC 178 event on September 27 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Many fans, and we could probably even say the majority of MMA fans, preferred to see the rematch between Gus and Jones as there are a great number of fans and fighters that believe Gustafsson actually won the decision back at the UFC 165 event in Toronto, in a bout that will likely go down in MMA history as one of the greatest matches in UFC history.

There's no word just yet as to the severity of the injury or how long Gustafsson will be out... so we'll have to wait a day or so before we have details on how long Gus will be sidelined.

Regarding Cormier... there was some chatter a short time ago about Cormier needing surgery for his injured right knee, but that no longer seems to be the situation.

Lorenzo Fertitta was asked about Cormier's knee injury and surgery, and Fertitta stated that Cormier's surgery is no longer required as Cormier's knee has healed through rest and rehabilitation.

Alexander Gustafsson is ranked #1 and Cormier is ranked #2 in the UFC light heavyweight division.

Now Jones won't have to fight Gustafsson at UFC 178 as he originally hoped, and he gets to fight Daniel Cormier as he had preferred... but there's a growing number of fans who think Jones might be in for some trouble in a fight against Cormier after witnessing what Gustafsson did to Jones in their match-up back at the UFC 165 event, and the chatter coming from many fans is that they think that Daniel Cormier will be able to finish Jon Jones by KO or TKO.

I have to admit... initially I wasn't a big fan of Cormier, but after watching the way he simply manhandled much larger men in the heavyweight division I became a fan and jumped on the Cormier bandwagon... so much so, that I'll be picking Daniel Cormier by TKO in 3 in the Cormier vs. Jones match-up at UFC 178.

How do you see the Cormier vs. Jones match-up going ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3479

Character Sheet
Bar:
Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones Left_bar_bleue1/1Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones   Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 3:06 pm

I'm thinking he will be able to wrestlefuck Jones and break him down. I'm thinking possibly a round 4 TKO. I was actually more excited to see this match first. I think DC ends the streak.
Back to top Go down
d-yago
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
d-yago

Chat Cash : 3580

PostSubject: Re: Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones   Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 6:53 pm

^Same here, DC is going to take it. If Gustafsson was set to fight, I thought he would win by decision. But I agree, DC wins by tko in the later rounds.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26801

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones   Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm seeing a lot of Jones fans suggesting that DC has no chance... I think most knowledgeable MMA fans know that's just nuthuggery speaking.  Nuthuggery 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones   Cormier - Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 main event, Cormier in against Jones
Page 1 of 1