MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Acoope18
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Acoope18

Chat Cash : 4719

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai Left_bar_bleue1/1Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai MieshaTatevsRinNakai_zpsde32f057

By: Antonio Cooper
@AntonioCooper88
July 1, 2014

UFC Japan is right around the corner and I'm sure we're all interested in the new female the UFC signed to fight Miesha Tate, Rin Nakai who looks like she has the Arms of Hulk Hogan and the fashion sense of a princess, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a female fighter. 

But with a 16-0-1 record do you think the UFC is feeding Miesha "Always second to Rousey" Tate to the wolves or does she legitimately stand a fighting chance with this strong-armed lady.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26763

Character Sheet
Bar:
Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai Left_bar_bleue1/1Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 4:35 pm

To be honest... I had no idea who Rin Nakai was until this fight was announced, so I don't think my opinion regarding her skills carries all that much weight.

I've never seen her fight, but she looks pretty scary !  Shocked 

If I had to make a pick right now, especially in light of the fact that Nakai hasn't really been fighting top tier talent for the last couple of years, I'd likely go with Tate for the win.

With that said... I'm pretty certain that Tate will be the favored fighter by fans and oddsmakers, but I'm gonna have to check out a few of Nakai's fights out before I form a somewhat solid opinion on this match-up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11065

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 4:40 pm

To be honest, I hadn't heard of Rin Nakai, until I heard about this fight. Dayum, lookit them guns! And she's packin' 135 pounds on a 5'1" frame! Looking over her record, She's got 4 KO's, 6 submissions, and 6 decisions. Not bad! Tells me her striking may lack a little, but her grappling must be OK, and she has the gas tank to go the distance, if needed.

I had to revise my original post. After watching Nakai's fight with Tara LaRosa, - she is a pretty slick grappler, but she doesn't take punches well. If Miesha can make this a striking war, she's got this! (but then, she was getting the better of Rousey with her striking too, but her corner kept yelling for her to grapple, and Ronda handed her ass, every time.)
Back to top Go down
Acoope18
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Acoope18

Chat Cash : 4719

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 5:26 pm

Yea, I completely agree but from the looks of things Nakai has the arms of a 155er lol I don't think her gas tank will last against Tate's wrestling
Back to top Go down
Rousey Fan
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Rousey Fan

Chat Cash : 7656

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 12:31 pm

Tate will win this match up.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:50 pm

Bumping Thread 

Bumping up this thread to go along with Antonio's threads from the "MMA Chat Articles" forum.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:59 pm

I've read some comments by MMA fans in the recent past that say Rin Nakai is a formidable opponent... and might be able to take Rousey !
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11065

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 5:36 pm

Miesha Tate will be a good measuring stick, then. See how Nakai does against her - that will tell us a lot about how well she'll fare against Ronda.
Back to top Go down
Rousey Fan
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Rousey Fan

Chat Cash : 7656

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:27 am

I just looked up Rin Nakai on the UFC site, and Nakai is 16-0-1.

Most of Nakai's opponents were at her level of experience when she fought them, but a couple of them were cans.

Most of her competition looks legit though, and it looks like she even made several fighters quit the game of combat sports. Several of her opponents haven't fought since fighting Nakai.

She also beat Tara LaRosa who was 21-3 with 12 submission wins when they met.

We'll get to see LaRosa fight Roxanne Modafferi at Invicta FC 8 Sept 6, and that's 2 weeks before Tate and Nakai fight.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:19 pm

Rousey Fan wrote:
I just looked up Rin Nakai on the UFC site, and Nakai is 16-0-1.

Most of Nakai's opponents were at her level of experience when she fought them, but a couple of them were cans.

Most of her competition looks legit though, and it looks like she even made several fighters quit the game of combat sports. Several of her opponents haven't fought since fighting Nakai.

She also beat Tara LaRosa who was 21-3 with 12 submission wins when they met.

We'll get to see LaRosa fight Roxanne Modafferi at Invicta FC 8 Sept 6, and that's 2 weeks before Tate and Nakai fight.

There's no doubt that Tate has fought the better level of opposition, but I think this fight just might be closer than most fans might expect it to be.

I went out and looked at Rin Nakai as well, and I'm fairly certain that Tate will be the favorite by fans and oddsmakers... but I might go with the upset in this one. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Bumping Thread thread since there's a lull in action before the next event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai   Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Tate vs Nakai
Page 1 of 1