MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26763

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games Left_bar_bleue1/1EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games Empty
PostSubject: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 6:20 pm

EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games JonJonesEASports_zpsb60b7bea

By Rich Davie
@RichDavie
June 6, 2014

An anonymous inside source at EA Sports was leaking information to MMA news sources claiming that EA Sports was on the verge of an unprecedented situation in the gaming industry, and was nearly forced to announce that EA Sports would be recalling all versions and platforms of their EA Sports UFC video games due to the tremendous amount of complaints about the Jon Jones character.

Some of the numerous complaints about the Jon Jones character that EA Sports has been fielding and dealing with are :

The Jon Jones character continually tries to take control of all situations in the game, including locking players out of the game, and blocking them on FaceBook and Twitter if they speak of him in an unflattering manner... much like the infamous computer HAL 9000 in Arthur C. Clarke's "2001: A Space Odyssey."

The Jon Jones character keeps refusing to fight opponents he's matched-up against.

When players were able to get the Jon Jones character to fight, the eye poke combination of buttons appeared to be continually stuck.

In addition to the eye poke issues... when players could get the Jon Jones character to fight, he always seemed to literally have the problem of inserting his foot in his mouth once the fight was over.

Instagram type videos mocking game players, other MMA fighters, and MMA fans would randomly pop-up during gameplay... and then suddenly disappear.

...and another issue with Jones' character, is that it keeps morphing back and forth into a troll :

EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games JonesTroll_zpse94fdd4d

This of course is a bit of satire on the situation surrounding Jon Jones and some of the follies of his that have been making MMA news. I was inspired to create this satirical piece from a post I saw on FaceBook from MMA Brat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3441

Character Sheet
Bar:
EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games Left_bar_bleue1/1EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 9:28 pm

LMAO!!!
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Including your brother, that makes three of us who found the humor in this piece ! LOL
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:08 am

Eye poke proof!!!

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 2:36 am

Ya see what I'm talkin' 'bout !? LOL
Back to top Go down
Acoope18
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Acoope18

Chat Cash : 4719

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 2:33 pm

He's ridiculously overpowered in this game tho. LIKE SERIOUSLY OVERPOWERED
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 4:36 pm

I haven't played the game myself... I was just having some fun with the idea I got from reading a similar comment on FaceBook, I thought it would get a few laughs.

I think Damon might have played the UFC games... he's a gamer.
Back to top Go down
Acoope18
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Acoope18

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Yea I downloaded the demo, his submissions are listed at 98/100
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Acoope18 wrote:
He's ridiculously overpowered in this game tho. LIKE SERIOUSLY OVERPOWERED
He is in real life though. Hopefully they put it to where you can turn off a fighter, or I will be avoiding LHW.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 8:55 pm

So he's like an unbeatable character ?
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 9:32 pm

Rich Davie wrote:
So he's like an unbeatable character ?

There is no unbeatable character. I've beaten him with Gus plenty.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 9:41 pm

I'm sure Gus has as well ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Acoope18
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Acoope18

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 5:39 pm

I'm sure on the hardest difficulty he's borderline unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 12:23 am

Acoope18 wrote:
I'm sure on the hardest difficulty he's borderline unstoppable.

The UFC does the stats. Technically, his stats are reflected by his fights. He hasn't lost except a DQ. All but one of his fights was a walk in the park. The stats of the other fighters are close to him. Gus is rated at like 92 in the full game. Jones is rated high, but should be.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:16 pm

I'll be getting this at midnight!!!
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 6:05 pm

That's a bummer... we may never see you again ! LOL
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Rich Davie wrote:
That's a bummer... we may never see you again ! LOL

When I am finished with the flooring and moving of the guy I do work for, I'll have plenty of time again. Been so busy the last couple weeks. Tired afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Some gamers are saying that there are more issues with the game since they released the update patch.

Damon was saying that it seems that it'll have a negative impact on the game overall with gamers.

Gaming is not my forte, so I'd have to refer you to Damon for the explanation on why that is.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Apparently more updates have been released for this game, but even with the updates that have been released the excitement for this game seems to have died down.

I don't see many comments about this video game any longer outside of the gaming universe on the internet, and there were plenty of comments on the various social media networks that weren't gaming related just a short time ago.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Rich Davie wrote:
Apparently more updates have been released for this game, but even with the updates that have been released the excitement for this game seems to have died down.

I don't see many comments about this video game any longer outside of the gaming universe on the internet, and there were plenty of comments on the various social media networks that weren't gaming related just a short time ago.
Other games have dropped like Madden 15. Still seems to be about the same amount of people playing since the launch of the second patch which did bring the numbers up, but I think it is too late to turn this one around. The game is great, but the lack of content has made a lot of players quit. I still play it online every day, and most likely will for a while. However, I'm a hardcore MMA gamer, and we just don't have the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games   EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games Empty

Back to top Go down

EA Sports almost forced to recall all EA Sports UFC video games
Page 1 of 1