MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26801

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? Left_bar_bleue1/1Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? Empty
PostSubject: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? LawlervsBrown_zps78a474a8

By Rich Davie
@RichDavie
May 28, 2014

Many MMA fans anticipated an immediate rematch between Robbie Lawler and Johny Hendricks, being that it was such a close fight that could have gone either way... then it was announced that Hendricks would be out of action for a bit due to an injury, and Lawler was matched-up against Jake Ellenberger for the May 24, 2014 UFC 173: Barao vs. Dillashaw event.

Well that event has now come and gone, and Robbie Lawler looked fantastic in that fight... Lawler basically dominated Ellenberger from the get go, and made Ellenberger look way outclassed on that night.

Robbie Lawler defeated Jake Ellenberger by TKO due to punches in Round 3 at 3:06, and one would think that the rematch between Lawler and Hendricks was now a certainty being that Lawler went into this fight ranked as the #1 ranked contender in the UFC's Welterweight division and had now solidified that #1 ranking with his dominate performance and win over Ellenberger... but this is not the case !

Instead, it was announced on May 27, 2014 that Matt Brown will be facing Robbie Lawler for the #1 contender spot in the UFC's Welterweight division and a shot at the belt that Johny Hendricks is the holder of, in a match-up taking place July 26, 2014 on the UFC On FOX 12 card at the SAP Center in San Jose, California.

There are some MMA fans questioning this match-up and it's title shot implications, being that Robbie Lawler was already ranked #1 in the UFC's Welterweight division after the title fight against Johny Hendricks that took place on March 15, 2014 in the UFC 171: Hendricks vs. Lawler event, after Georges St. Pierre decided that he need a break away from the world of mixed martial arts and was forced to relinquish the UFC's Welterweight belt.

This will be Lawler's 3rd fight in 2014 in a little over 4 months time !

I too question this match-up for the #1 contender spot and shot at the title... if Lawler was ranked #1 after the Hendricks match-up, and is still ranked #1 after his dominate win against Ellenberger, why does Lawler need to fight yet again to earn a shot at the title and the #1 contender spot when he's already proven to be and solidified that he is in fact without question the #1 contender in the UFC's Welterweight division who has already more than earned the rematch against Hendricks ?

It seems a bit unfair to Robbie in my humble opinion, but then again... we see this sort of irrational matchmaking in the UFC over and again.

I'm a fan of both Lawler and Brown, so it's not that I'm favoring one fighter over the other for a shot at Hendricks out of "fandom" or the like... but the Lawler vs. Hendricks rematch should be happening.

This is also a bad match-up for Brown in my opinion, who is now ranked #5 in the division... and a loss to Lawler will send him back down in the rankings to the lower top 10.

I see Robbie Lawler dominating Brown in this match-up... Lawler will more than likely exploit Brown's weakness, which is his apparent inability to take body shots, and utilize kicks to the body along with his heavy-handed striking to crush Brown.

I don't see Lawler failing to capitalize in the same fashion as Erick Silva did against Brown... I see Lawler being able to follow through once Brown is dropped and finishing things off once the fight goes to the ground.

I'll be going with Robbie Lawler to win this match-up against Brown by TKO in 2.

How 'bout you ?

Last edited by Rich Davie on Wed May 28, 2014 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
MMA Fan
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
MMA Fan

Chat Cash : 18709

Character Sheet
Bar:
Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? Left_bar_bleue1/1Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Good article.

You should do a show on this topic.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3479

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:15 pm

I think he has. I think an immediate rematch would have been warranted (even though some hate them, but this was a title match for the vacant title).
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:27 pm

MMA Fan wrote:
Good article.

You should do a show on this topic.

Thanks... maybe we will, would you like to join us on the show if we do one on this topic ?

DGfishingtime wrote:
I think he has. I think an immediate rematch would have been warranted (even though some hate them, but this was a title match for the vacant title).

I agree... beatdowns don't warrant an immediate rematch, but in the instance of Lawler vs. Hendricks we not only had a very close fight, but it was also for the interim belt to boot.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Vacant belt. Not interim. GSP retired remember?  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Oh yeah... you are correct.
Back to top Go down
marobertson22
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
marobertson22

Chat Cash : 3716

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:32 am

DGfishingtime wrote:

I agree.

Many fans would have agreed with an immediate rematch, and certainly a rematch after the Ellenberger vs Lawler fight.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:33 am

Maybe we can do 2 shows on Wednesday this week... one show for the UFC Fight Night 42: Henderson vs. Khabilov main card predictions, and a real quick 15 minute show on this topic ?

I'll have to see what the other guys want to do.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Are you guys interested in doing a show on this topic ?
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Sure. Just need to find a time we can all do it.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Yeah... syncing-up with everybody seems to be a problem lately.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 10:55 pm

I saw Jeremiah mention on FaceBook that he called the Lawler vs. Brown match-up, but I didn't have time to reply to his post... and then I couldn't find it when I logged back on to FaceBook.

So yeah... good call Jeremiah, but I can't recall what the other point was that you mentioned in the same post.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Chat Cash : 12701

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:22 am

How dillashaw looked a lot like Cruz.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:45 am

Yes he did... he even commented on that fact in the post fight interview on UFC Tonight.

So when are you going to grace us with your magnificence on the show again ? Wink LOL
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 5:50 pm

I have been busy getting Justin some good training I'm getting him hooked up with the roc academy.The gym he was at was a bunch of noobs and jail birds I had to get him out of there.But I need to get back on asap I miss u guys.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Yeah man... I'm missing all of the regulars that are usually on the shows.

Keep us posted in the "Show Coordinating" forum... let us know when you're free.

We're trying out the live streaming broadcast shows... all live, no editing or post production.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:32 pm

I know for some reason can't watch the live shows YouTube from my phone.It says unsupported content.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:39 pm

That's weird... can you change the video resolution ?
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Lawler vs. Brown is coming up in a little over a couple of weeks, so I'm bumping this up.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 10:16 am

The Lawler vs. Brown event is coming up this weekend, and it's being highly touted as a highly anticipated event... I like both Lawler and Brown, but I think that's overselling the match-up quite a bit.

Personally, I think Brown has earned his shot at Lawler but I don't think he'll be much competition for Lawler... and I still think Lawler should have got the rematch with Hendricks before taking another fight.

What do you all think about the "highly anticipated" and heavily hyped Lawler vs. Brown match-up ?
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm

I love it but don't see it being much different than the ellenburger fight went.Robbies stand up game and foot work will be to much for brown.I honestly think brown will go for the take down in this one.Or it could just be a kickboxing match who knows.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Damon and I spoke about this on the last predictions show we did on Wednesday... we missed having you on the last couple of shows buddy.

UFC on FOX 12: Lawler vs. Brown Predictions On The MMA Live Chat Show (Live Broadcast) - Click to listen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?   Robbie - Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hasn't Robbie Lawler already earned a rematch with Johny Hendricks ?
Page 1 of 1