MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26802

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones Left_bar_bleue1/1It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones Empty
PostSubject: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 4:16 pm

It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones 42fcc818-9394-40b6-a755-382b54ebab0a_zps321b2616

By Rich Davie
@RichDavie
September 28, 2011

First off... I'm a fan of Jon "Bones" Jones and I'm not in the camp of those who are "butthurt" because fans don't like Jon "Bones" Jones, I'm perplexed at the never ending stream of creative and invalid excuses to dislike him.

The writing is and has been on the wall for quite a while now... and with the progression of his career and challenges put before him, there's always a new set of reasons to dislike him even though he meets and exceeds those challenges in a highly professional and respectful manner.

First it was "who has Jones fought ?"

Then it was “Vera is gonna be more than he can handle.”

Then it was “Matyushenko is gonna give him the best challenge to date.”

Then many claimed that Bader was right on par with Jones and would give him a challenge.

Then he went up against what many MMA fans were and are calling the G.O.A.T. of the LHWs in Shogun Rua, and Jones totally destroyed him…  but that win was dismissed because “Rua wasn't 100% healthy, coming off of a long layoff, and he had ring rust.”

Then it was, “Well... he's not a champ yet because he hasn't defended his title.”

Now that he very easily defended his title against Rampage with a 4th round RNC submission, there appears to be more reasons than ever to dislike the guy... now added to the list of reasons are his "tactics" or "antics" in his last fight.

He not cocky, he's confident... in his fight against Rampage he showed Rampage a lesson from virtually every page in his book of game plans, including the bizarre crab-walk in the opening round of the fight... and when questioned about the maneuver in the post-fight interview by Rogan, Jones explained his reason for that maneuver.

He's certainly not tactless... that title is owned by Lesnar.

He's never disrespected an opponent in the octagon in the manner that Anderson Silva has.

He's not cocky or disrespectful... that's the definition of fighters like Lesnar, Bisping, Mayhem Miller, Rashad Evans, Chael Sonnen and many U.K. fighters.

So all of the reasons for the Jones hate are invalid in my opinion, and no matter what Jones does in regard to exceeding the challenges put before him in a highly professional and respectful manner, it's obvious that those who choose to dislike him are using nothing more than excuses to validate their position... because now that he's not only destroyed Shogun Rua and defended his title against Rampage, the current prevailing argument in the minds of those who seek reasons to validate their dislike of Jones is... that in order for Jones to validate himself there is a list of fighters that he "has to beat" before he receives his just due.

Even if and when that occurs, the validation is not gonna happen at that point either because as I said above... in the minds of Jones' detractors there will be another set of excuses and reasons that he doesn't deserve respect.

Like him or not, it's just as Joe Rogan stated; "Jon "Bones" Jones is perhaps the greatest talent MMA has ever seen."

...and like my buddy James Ryan says :

If you don't like my opinion, I have others... (that you probably won't agree with either).

Last edited by Rich Davie on Mon May 05, 2014 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:
It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones Left_bar_bleue1/1It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 4:18 pm

This is an article that I wrote supporting Jon Jones early on... but I have since changed my mind about him.

As it turns out... I guess he is a bit of a phony !
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3480

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 4:34 pm

I was wondering WTF I was reading lol.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 4:47 pm

It was a great piece when I wrote it 2 1/2 years ago before Jones came out from behind facade he was hiding behind and showed his true colors ! LOL
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11104

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Good Christ, Rich! You made me choke on my dinner, reading that!  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:47 pm

LOL

I honestly felt that way about Jones initially... but he's proven to be a bit of a phony, and he just keeps making himself look worse every time he speaks.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3480

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 12:28 am

I already disliked him leading up to the Shogun fight. I seen how he changed then. I knew everything had been a facade.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:44 am

I haven't come across many people who actually like Jon Jones the person, and because of that, many people don't like him as a fighter either.

I think it's safe to say at this point, that a lot of people are looking to see Jonny "Bones" Jones lose the belt by KO... maybe he'll become more humble after that, like he was when he first started fighting in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:25 am

I'm bumping the Jon Jones threads up for Muyanzi Reid... I was chatting briefly with him in the comments section about Jones in one our videos.

This is 1 of 3
Back to top Go down
Bill Waugh
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Bill Waugh

Chat Cash : 5598

Character Sheet
Bar:
It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones Left_bar_bleue500/500It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:50 pm

I just found this article from the keywords area, and I was one of the fans who felt Jones was a phony from the beginning.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but he didn't seem genuine.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 2:45 am

I wrote this article almost 3 years ago, and I'm sure there are a lot more people who agree with you now than at that time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones   It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

It's difficult to be a respected Champ when you're Jon 'Bones' Jones
Page 1 of 1