MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26801

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  Left_bar_bleue1/1Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  Empty
PostSubject: Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada    Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  Invicta_FC_8_Poster

September 6, 2014
Municipal Auditorium
Kansas City, Missouri
Airing on UFC Fight Pass, 8:00 pm ET

MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 8:00 pm ET)

Michelle Waterson vs. Yasuko Tamada
For the atomweight title
Stephanie Eggink vs. Katja Kankaanpaa
For the vacant strawweight title
Tonya Evinger vs. Ediane Gomes
Tara LaRosa vs. Roxanne Modafferi
Irene Aldana vs. Peggy Morgan
Veronica Rothenhausler vs. Charmaine Tweet
DeAnna Bennett vs. Michelle Ould
Ashley Cummins vs. Alexa Grasso
J.J. Aldrich vs. Delaney Owen
Jodie Esquibel vs. Jinh Yu Frey
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11103

Character Sheet
Bar:
Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  Left_bar_bleue1/1Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada    Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 9:59 am

I'm excited for the main event... I always enjoy watching Michelle Waterson fight.

But... The fight I'm really excited about is on the undercard...

Tara LaRosa vs. Roxanne Modafferi - these are (no insult intended) 2 old war horses that have been in the game a long time. I have a ton of respect for both women, and will be torn on fight night. But, I guess I can take solace in knowing someone I like will win. This is a rubber match for these two. LaRosa won their first fight, Modafferi the second.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada    Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 10:51 am

I'm a big fan of Michelle Waterson, so I'm looking forward to that fight, I'm also interested in seeing Veronica Rothenhausler's fight against Charmaine Tweet, which is a step up in competition for Rothenhausler, and I also want to see the Jinh Yu Frey vs. Jodie Esquibel fight as well... those are the 3 fights I want to see the most.

The LaRosa vs. Modafferi fight doesn't do all that much for me... it's difficult for me to become excited about a fight where one of the opponents has lost 7 fights in a row coming into the fight.

I think LaRosa defeats Modafferi making it 8 losses in a row... I think it's time for the "Happy Warrior" to start thinking about a new direction in life.

In the fights that I've mentioned, I've got :

Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson
Veronica Rothenhausler - (simply for the fact that she KO'd the woman who defeated Fallon Fox (Ashlee Evans-Smith) in 5 seconds)
Jinh Yu Frey
Tara LaRosa

I'm not real excited about this next fight, but I am a bit interested to see if and how Peggy Morgan has improved her skills and her game in her fight against Irene Aldana... but I don't think Peggy will get the win in this one, as she doesn't do well when facing strikers.

I think Irene Aldana get the win in this match-up.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada    Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:25 pm

OK, here go my picks (I'm assuming we're making picks here - but if not, oh well!)

Waterson
Eggink
Gomes
LaRosa
Ould
Morgan
Rothenhausler
Cummins
Esquibel
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada    Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:37 am

Well! I can now say I'm glad we didn't do a pool on this card... I would've sucked majorly! Laughing

I am glad Roxanne Modafferi and Michelle Waterson got wins, though.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada    Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 12:45 pm

I've been a little busy the last few days... I wanted to watch this on Fight Pass, but I didn't have any free time last night.

I was hoping Rothenhausler would get the win, but maybe she's still struggling to make weight for the division.

I was hoping that Jinh Yu Frey would get the win as well, as she's extremely dedicated to the sport.

I'm a bit surprised that Modaferri got the win... she just hasn't impressed me recently, so I've got to see that fight for sure to see what's up.

I was also hoping that Peggy Morgan would get the win, because she needed one to regain some confidence.

I also have to check out the Ashley Cummins fight to see what went on in that one.

... and finally :

I'm glad that Michelle Waterson successfully defended her belt after such a long layoff. Clap

Yay for the "Karate Hottie" ! Happy Dance

While I'm taking a break for a few minutes, I'll get the results and create a results thread.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada    Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:14 pm

I didn't watch the fights myself... But with the people I follow on Twitter, I get enough updates that I might as well be watching it. The thing I heard, time and again, about Modafferi, was that her striking had improved big time, and that's what won the fight for her.

On the Eggink fight, It was pretty much said that Eggink was extremely dominant in rounds 1-4, but got caught in a sub in round 5.

As far as Waterson, She supposedly put on a one sided kickboxing clinic from start to finish, and completely outclassed and outgunned her opponent.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada    Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Yeah... while I'm taking a break for lunch, I went out and read some articles on the fights and the play by play over at Sherdog.

Apparently Michelle Waterson simply destroyed her opponent from start to finish.

Modaferri apparently took this fight seriously and has upped her game, because according to what I read about that match-up she also dominated her opponent with what was being called much improved striking... and she was also the dog in that match-up, getting what is being called a big upset win.

I read the same as you did in regard to the Eggink fight, and as I was reading the play by play and articles about that fight I was wondering how after apparently dominating her opponent she could allow the win to slip away.

Peggy Morgan didn't fare well against her opponent, who is a striker, and that one unfolded as I expected.

...and apparently Jinh Yu Frey got robbed, because Sherdog had that fight scored 30-27 Yu Frey.

I won't have any time to check the fights out for a couple of days, but I'm very interested in checking them out.
Back to top Go down
Eddie Law
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Eddie Law

Chat Cash : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada    Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:38 pm

The entire card was SIIIICCCK! Frey did get robbed, even the crowd was super confused as to how she lost that fight. Modafferi's striking was SCARY I mean she actually faked shots for once in her life, and she landed three monster right hands, one that dropped LaRosa.

The two girls from Mexico were killers and should have a very bright future in WMMA. 

Katja vs. Eggink was AWESOME. Eggink had her on the score cards for sure, and then Katja subbed her in the 5th with what I thought was a Darce choke, but turned out to be something called a Dragon....dragon something I forget. Anyway, sick turn of events there.

And the main event was just a dominant and masterful performance by Waterson who showed off her new power as her strikes looked real heavy. Tamada is a BEAST though in terms of taking damage and not dropping. She was getting massacred and the ref stepped in to save her. First time in her career that she was finished. 

All in all, GREAT night for WMMA. Everybody should start watching now these girls can fight. And Waterson is still fine as hell.

Wrote it all up for ToothlessMMA.com  check it out, results and post presser included.

toothlessmma.com/invicta-fc-8-waterson-vs-tamada-resultspost-fight-press-video
Back to top Go down
http://www.theuli.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada    Invicta - Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1