MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26794

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:16 pm

DGfishingtime wrote:
I think I was the only one to pick this one. Too bad it is only 4 points.

Yeah you were... I didn't expect that at all ! Shocked 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:
UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:25 pm

C.B. DOLLAWAY VS. CEZAR FERREIRA

ROUND 1
Ferreira scores with a pair of cracking left hands and a grazing left high kick in the opening 20 seconds. Dollaway comes right back with a hard right hand, prompting Ferreira to charge ahead, swinging wild punches which don’t connect. Dollaway puts a right hand behind Ferreira’s ear, and “Mutante” hits the ground. A couple more punches put Ferreira out cold.

THE OFFICIAL RESULT

C.B. Dollaway def. Cezar Ferreira via KO (Punches) R1 0:39
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Up next... the main event.

Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio Rua
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm not gonna score this one... I'm gonna relax and eat a sandwich while I watch the fight.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Man... I was hungry !

I inhaled that sandwich ! LOL
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:45 pm

I've got round 1 :

10-9 Shogun
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:51 pm

I've got round 2 :

10-9 Shogun
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Hendo is not looking good tonight !

He was breathing out of his mouth for most of round 2.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 pm

After Hendo looked done for... he lands a vicious right hook to the nose, and follows Shogun ground to get the KO in the 3rd round !
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 pm

We all did pretty shitty with our predictions for this one !
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:03 pm

MAURICIO “SHOGUN” RUA VS. DAN HENDERSON

ROUND 1
Referee Herb Dean is the third man in the cage for tonight’s light heavyweight main event. The fighters touch gloves in the center of the cage, then begin twitching and feinting from a couple feet away. Henderson grazes “Shogun” with his first overhand right; Rua flicks out a few jabs to test the range, can’t find Henderson’s face. Rua starts landing some hard leg kicks, sticks a jab in Henderson’s face and backs out before “Hendo” can retaliate. Another leg kick from Rua draws a return kick. Henderson shoots in, gets caught in a headlock and stands back up. The 205ers trade leg kicks, with Rua landing the hard shots before fending off another level change. Rua puts Henderson on the cage briefly and sends a knee to the American’s breadbasket. Henderson stumbles Rua with a left hook and blitzes him against the cage, but Rua turns the tide with a right hook, then a left sends Hendo the canvas. Rua is blasting away with right hands to the kneeling Henderson, who somehow gets back to his feet. Rua takes him down again and resumes the pounding, and now referee Dean is having a close look. Henderson wraps up Rua from underneath and survives to hear the horn.
SHERDOG SCORES
Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Rua
TJ De Santis scores the round 10-8 Rua
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-8 Rua

ROUND 2
Henderson takes another hard shot behind the ear and gets clinched against the fence. Rua holds him there for 20 or 30 seconds, not throwing much in the tie-up before releasing. Both men lower their heads and throw hands, and both men appear to land in the pocket. Henderson shoots wildly and gets tossed against the cage, but he scrambles back up. Rua blasts the American with a massive uppercut and goes to the ground in Henderson’s closed guard. The pace slows as Rua throws few punches on top and Henderson just holds on underneath. Referee Dean stands the fighters up with about 30 seconds remaining, but there is not much more action.
SHERDOG SCORES
Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Rua
TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Rua
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Rua

ROUND 3
Henderson puts his head down and charges ahead, connecting with an overhand right as he rushes Rua against the fence. Shogun eats the punch and slips out to resume his leg-kicking and jabbing. Henderson changes level and gets stood up. As the fighters separate, Hendo unloads with a thunderous right hand that lands right on Rua’s nose and mouth and sends the Brazilian tumbling over backwards. Henderson pounces and lands five or six more punches -- some to the back of the head -- as Rua clings to his leg. Henderson glances up at the ref, looking for the stoppage, and Dean steps in to end the fight.

THE OFFICIAL RESULT

Dan Henderson def. Mauricio Rua via TKO (Punches) R3 1:31
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3472

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Rich Davie wrote:
We all did pretty shitty with our predictions for this one !

Yep, and it looks like Dan's chin is questionable now. Shogun isn't exactly a top fighter anymore.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:08 pm

I thought Shogun was looking much better than Hendo early on, but man... when Hendo lands that right hand, it spells trouble for whoever is on the receiving end.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:16 pm

This event turned out to be a lot better than we all thought it would be !
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3472

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:20 pm

Rich Davie wrote:
This event turned out to be a lot better than we all thought it would be !

It really wasn't that it would be a good event. It was more that we didn't really know a lot of the fighters.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11096

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 4:11 am

I was stuck on the road when this happened, but monitored the goings on of the main event by tweets and news sites. (I had to, long time and big Hendo fan, here.) I was getting quite discouraged for the first 2 rounds. I thought that maybe without TRT, Hendo wasn't the Hendo I came to know and love. But then he landed the H-bomb, and proved that - TRT or no - when it lands, nobody's immune.

Had I made a prediction though, I would've gone with Rua by decision. My gut told me this was Rua's fight to win or lose - it all depended on which Rua showed up that night. I knew what Hendo would be doing - stalking and looking to land the H-bomb.

He failed to get out of the way of 1 H-bomb, though, and that was that. 

I truly think we're seeing one of Hendo's last fights. I think the banning of TRT will hasten the retirement of Hendo. And as a fan, I can't help but think this is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results   UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 Live Chat and Results
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4