MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Chat Cash : 12672

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage Left_bar_bleue1/1I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage Empty
PostSubject: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 pm

I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage RuckusintheCage_zps36d25686

I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October 2014 for a Ruckus in the Cage event.

Seventeen year old Justin Joyce... he's got potential, he just needs some cardio work.

Check out his first fight... Justin Joyce vs Gabe Bolt - Ruckus in the Cage XXI

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26772

Character Sheet
Bar:
I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage Left_bar_bleue1/1I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Awesome man... I'll see what I can find on him and post it in the MMA Fighters Forum.

He's more than welcome to promote himself and his upcoming events in that forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:00 am

Thanks he was suppose to get mauled in that fight and the fight in Oct.is a rematch with gabe.He went into this fight with no training his dad ask me to take him under my wing and help him out.He's tough as hell with a ton of heart me and his dad were known for street fighting back in our younger days so it's in his blood.Thanks for the support rich we are just getting started.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:01 am

Yea that's him.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:22 am

Send him a request from the fb page for the site.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:32 am

I created a graphic and put it in the 1st post... and added the fight video too.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:37 am

Tree22 wrote:
Send him a request from the fb page for the site.

OK... I'll do that.

I also made you one of the editors on The MMA Live Chat Hour FaceBook page if you want to post as The MMA Live Chat Hour on the page... you just have to click change to The MMA Live Chat Hour or Jeremiah Deskins to post who you want to post as.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:46 am

Tree22 wrote:
Thanks he was suppose to get mauled in that fight and the fight in Oct.is a rematch with gabe.He went into this fight with no training his dad ask me to take him under my wing and help him out.He's tough as hell with a ton of heart me and his dad were known for street fighting back in our younger days so it's in his blood.Thanks for the support rich we are just getting started.

I watched the fight, and he was pretty much manhandling Gabe... and he also rocked Gabe several times.

If he works on his striking and cardio a little bit, I think he KO's Gabe in the rematch rather than a TKO stoppage.

That was a pretty damn good showing for his first fight.

I also added him as a friend on FaceBook, and sent him an invite to The MMA Live Chat Hour FaceBook page.

Does Justin have a Twitter account ?
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:59 am

The gabe dudes striking looks powerless didn't capitalize when he had mount or the back and Justin rested in the guard to long I seen many opportunities to pass gabes guard and the elbows were there al day.
Sharping up Justin's striking utilize the jab more and keep his hands up more.Gabe comes in with his hands down everytime and is open to the counter.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:01 am

Not sure about twitter I'm gonna see him and his dad this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:17 am

Get him to create a Twitter account, and we can help to promote him.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11074

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 6:07 am

There's no questioning his heart. He toughed out 2 choke attempts, and his opponent was throwing on body scissors every chance he got.  He did well in keeping his composure, and his kicking and striking looked stronger than his opponents. He has a nice knack of coming out on top in the scramble, and a rather nasty little sneaky trip in the clinch.

My only real criticism in the fight was the referee. At the end of the fight, I wasn't sure what had just happened. He wasn't clear at all in waving the fight off.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:04 pm

To be 17 he's a beast and I lost a child when I was 15 and he would be Justin's age now.I'm to old to start so I'm gonna do everything I can to help this kid succeed.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 11:29 pm

Well I have had Justin training at the roc academy since June and he has improved a ton.
We have a a fight coming up on Oct the 11th.It was suppose to be a rematch but Justin just turned 18 a few weeks back and his opponent is still 17.So we will be fighting a 33 year old.
But the good news is the guy we are facing just lost sat night due to rear naked choke and Justin has developed a wicked ground game training in gracie jitz at team roc.
Tim Kennedy has trained with Justin's trainer before and Sean Spencer just won in the ufc a week ago and he fought for the org we fight for.So you guys show some support maybe we will be doing a post event show with my fighter one day.
Back to top Go down
JD
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
JD

Chat Cash : 6554

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:23 am

You should get him to post here before he becomes a big star.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:09 pm

You and Justin should join us on a show now, so we can watch his career grow from the beginning and document things from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 12:03 am

He got him a job and goes straight to the gym afterward.I will See ifbi can get him on the show.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 12:04 am

Rumors are swirling on FB that he's not gonna be fighting !?
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 12:44 am

I just spoke with him his opponent joined the same fucking gym as him so now they are looking for a last minute replacement.
I told him they should get down anyway the fight is two weeks out.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 12:56 am

Just messeged Chris smith the promoter to see wtf is going on.Why would the guy join the same gym as his opponent two weeks out from the fight.
Chicken shit move if you ask me and why would the gym owner allow that to happen anyhow.A lot of wasted time money and training.I'm fuckin pissed!
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:07 am

That's fucked-up !

Like you said... if they want to train at the same gym, they should go ahead with the fight since it's so close to the event.

That's probably not gonna go over well with the promotion.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 7:45 am

Makes us look really bad.
Back to top Go down
Bill Waugh
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Bill Waugh

Chat Cash : 5568

Character Sheet
Bar:
I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage Left_bar_bleue500/500I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 9:24 am

It sucks that things turned out like they did, maybe they will change their minds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage   I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm training a young fighter for a fight in October for Ruckus in the Cage
Page 1 of 1