MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11074

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? Left_bar_bleue1/1Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? Empty
PostSubject: Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards?   Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 11:03 am

Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? Ufclogo3_zps9b521556

By: IronHorse
@Ironhorse_somo
April 29, 2014

Is it just me, or have the past few months seen the UFC put on some thoroughly "blah" fight cards? I'm not referring to the absence of GSP (his boring ass can stay gone, in my humble opinion,) or the recovery of the possibly returning, or possibly permanently retired Anderson Silva (once again, I'd prefer he stay gone!) I'm not even referring to the recuperating Cain Velasquez (not gonna talk any smack about Cain, he's da man!) 

The UFC has a number of fighters spread across the weight classes that I love to see fight, either to see them win, or in hopes that someone will kick their ass *cough* Jon Jones, Michael Bisping *cough*. Lastly, I'm certainly not disparaging the matchmaking wizardry of Joe Silva (although I will admit that here and there I ask "Why the hell did he match THOSE two up?!") who is just as good as he always was.

What I mean is - lately, when I see an upcoming card, and I scan down the list of fights, my usual reaction has been "Meh, I really don't see anything on this card that excites me." to the point that, even if it's not a PPV, I feel like I don't want to waste my time watching it. To some degree, this has effected my participation on the site's live chats, because if I just don't care enough to want to see the fights, how can I talk about them?

So now to my question - it seems the UFC is determined to put on X number of events in a year, content be damned. It's like they've hit a point where it's quantity over quality, and their talent pool is too thin to cover the quantity they want to churn out.

Am I the only one who feels this way? Any and all of your thoughts and input are welcome and valued!
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3450

Character Sheet
Bar:
Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? Left_bar_bleue1/1Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards?   Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26772

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards?   Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:30 pm

I'm sure you're not the only one who feels that way, and I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Chat Cash : 12672

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards?   Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 1:04 pm

The ufc releases fighters to soon only after a couple of losses and then they go on to smaller orgs and become champ.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards?   Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:50 pm

Bumping Thread 

Bumping up this thread to go along with Antonio's threads from the "MMA Chat Articles" forum.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards?   Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Bumping Thread since there's a lull in action before the next event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards?   Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the UFC putting on mediocre cards?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA Chat :: MMA Chat Original Content :: MMA Chat Articles-
Jump to: