MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26801

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings Left_bar_bleue1/1After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings Empty
PostSubject: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 pm

After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings UFCRankings1_zps4842ca3d

By Rich Davie
@RichDavie
March 25,2014

UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 has come and gone, and the UFC's official rankings have been updated.

I'm sure there will be some individuals that don't agree with the latest changes in the UFC Light Heavyweight rankings, but after a massive comeback by Dan Henderson in the main event bout against Shogun Rua, Hendo's H-Bomb has earned him a bump up in the UFC rankings from the number 8 position to the number 6 spot.

Congrats to Dan "Hendo" Henderson and his H-bomb for defeating Shogun Rua by TKO in round 3 of their rematch, and moving up in the UFC Light Heavyweight rankings to the number 6 spot.

After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings Ufc_ra10

Last edited by Rich Davie on Mon May 05, 2014 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3479

Character Sheet
Bar:
After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings Left_bar_bleue1/1After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Just goes to show how weak the division is. Hendo just came off a 3 fight losing streak.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 4:02 pm

Yeah... we spoke about where Hendo and Shogun would move in the rankings on the Shogun vs. Henderson 2 post event show.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Chat Cash : 12701

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:47 am

Hendo shouldn't move up or shogun move down.shogun was winning he just got caught and Hendo looked slow just like his past few fights.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11103

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 8:02 am

Tree22 wrote:
Hendo shouldn't move up or shogun move down.shogun was winning he just got caught and Hendo looked slow just like his past few fights.

I seldom like to have my first post with a new (to me) member to be argumentative - but your post strikes me as a bit silly. While nobody can deny that Shogun seemed to be handling Hendo up to that point - the fact is that big H-bomb *did* land and busted Shogun's beak as it sent him down and out to the canvas.

At the end of the fight, It goes down as a "W" for Hendo, and an "L" for Rua. So, why shouldn't Hendo move up into Shogun's spot? He did beat him.

Oh, welcome to the forums!

P.S. (For what it's worth, this fight played out almost exactly like I thought it would. I felt that this fight was Rua's to win or lose (This coming from a HUGE, and long time Hendo fan!) but that "The H-Bomb" was the wildcard it this fight, that could never be discounted. This time, The Wild card, was also the Trump card!)
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:03 am

That's my opinion I know that's not what is going to happen I think Hendo looked like shit and if it was up to me I wouldn't move him up.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:59 am

Tree22 wrote:
That's my opinion I know that's not what is going to happen I think Hendo looked like shit and if it was up to me I wouldn't move him up.

Using that rationale, Shane Carwin beat Brock Lesnar. Lesnar looked like shit the whole first round, and Carwin utterly dominant.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:57 pm

Both that fight and this one could have been stopped if it were any other fighter.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:29 pm

IRONHORSE wrote:
Tree22 wrote:

Using that rationale, Shane Carwin beat Brock Lesnar. Lesnar looked like shit the whole first round, and Carwin utterly dominant.

Both fights could have been stopped. Dean was rushing in waving the Shogun/Hendo fight off at the end of the first. Rankings are usually determined on the outcome though. Hendo did look like shit, and didn't deserve to move up two spots. Especially after a 3 fight losing streak. The UFC rankings suck anyways and most don't give them much credibility.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:41 pm

...not even the UFC ! LOL
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Rich Davie wrote:
...not even the UFC ! LOL

LOL!!! No shit. I think they bumped Glover up just to fight Jones.
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:54 pm

I don't look at rankings or who this fighter beat who lost to this one etc.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:31 pm

I get your point,  but there has to be a winner and a loser (OK, with the exception of a draw!) in the contest - and a win is still a win, even if you looked like hell getting that win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings   After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings Empty

Back to top Go down

After Shogun rematch, Dan Henderson Moves up to Number 6 in UFC Rankings
Page 1 of 1