MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26772

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) Left_bar_bleue1/1Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) Empty
PostSubject: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:
Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) Left_bar_bleue1/1Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Could this be the UFC signing Justino for a shot at Rousey ?

Maybe DFW knows something about Rousey moving on from MMA and wants to make the Rousey vs. Justino fight happen before the opportunity slips away !?

It's kind of difficult to believe that, since DFW recently stated that Cyborg would have to cut to 135 and take a couple of fights outside the UFC before he'd consider signing her... but then again, we're talking about something DFW said ! LOL

Last edited by Rich Davie on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mu_Shin
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Mu_Shin

Chat Cash : 3706

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 9:25 pm

We all know Mr. White may be a vociferous critic of Christiane "Cyborg" Justino, but first and foremost, he is and always will be a business man.  Rousey/Cyborg will be the biggest fight in the history of WMMA, and will continue to raise the profile of the women's game, so if there's a way to make this happen, pretty sure White will find a way to do it.  

While we are hearing about movie offers and such for Ronda, hard for me to believe she will walk away from MMA while still learning and growing in the sport.  I'm an unabashed fan, as I think she has the capability of being the best that's ever been, having seen how she's built her skill set over the past couple of years.  Those muy thai knees she killed Sara McMann with were nowhere to be seen a year ago, and while they say you can't teach chin, Ronda has more than demonstrated she can take a serious punch.  Both Miesha Tata and McMann hit Ronda hard, and it didn't phase her in the least.  

The judo technique that Rousey showed in the second Tate fight was incredible.  I'm a Cyborg fan to be sure, think she's the hardest hitting woman I've ever seen, and I know she's trained with men in BJJ for years, but no one is going to tell me Justino will walk through Ronda.  She may beat Rousey, as there's no other woman out there who hits as hard, and commands the striking savvy of Cyborg, but Ronda keeps getting better, and has a great chance in this fight, if it happens.  And lets not forget that Cyborg, who is reported to walk around between 150 and 170, will have to drop to 135 to make this fight a reality, and it will remain to be seen how much of her dominant strength and endurance will survive the weight cut...
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3450

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Roids.......

No thanks, don't care to see this fight.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 pm

Mu_Shin wrote:
We all know Mr. White may be a vociferous critic of Christiane "Cyborg" Justino, but first and foremost, he is and always will be a business man.  Rousey/Cyborg will be the biggest fight in the history of WMMA, and will continue to raise the profile of the women's game, so if there's a way to make this happen, pretty sure White will find a way to do it.  

While we are hearing about movie offers and such for Ronda, hard for me to believe she will walk away from MMA while still learning and growing in the sport.  I'm an unabashed fan, as I think she has the capability of being the best that's ever been, having seen how she's built her skill set over the past couple of years.  Those muy thai knees she killed Sara McMann with were nowhere to be seen a year ago, and while they say you can't teach chin, Ronda has more than demonstrated she can take a serious punch.  Both Miesha Tate and McMann hit Ronda hard, and it didn't phase her in the least.  

The judo technique that Rousey showed in the second Tate fight was incredible.  I'm a Cyborg fan to be sure, think she's the hardest hitting woman I've ever seen, and I know she's trained with men in BJJ for years, but no one is going to tell me Justino will walk through Ronda.  She may beat Rousey, as there's no other woman out there who hits as hard, and commands the striking savvy of Cyborg, but Ronda keeps getting better, and has a great chance in this fight, if it happens.  And lets not forget that Cyborg, who is reported to walk around between 150 and 170, will have to drop to 135 to make this fight a reality, and it will remain to be seen how much of her dominant strength and endurance will survive the weight cut...

Well said as usual buddy... all points are valid, which is why I struggle with the thought that the UFC would rush to make the Rousey/Justino fight happen at the thought of Rousey walking away from the game so early in her career.

I agree with you as well about Rousey not being a walk-in-the-park for Justino, especially with a weight cut to 135... I think when Justino loses some of her muscle mass, she'll also likely lose some of her power as well.

I think most MMA fans would agree, that Justino has also been fighting "sub-par" talent for awhile now since relatively few legitimate contenders want to fight her.

I also believe the Rousey/Justino bout, if it ever comes to fruition, goes the 5 round distance... and I believe both of these warriors have an equal chance of being the victor when this tilt goes down.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11074

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 11:35 pm

I've actually been rolling this scenario around in my mind a lot lately. Rousey's never hidden the fact that she doesn't plan to fight in MMA very long. Heck, she's already alluded to retiring. Add to that her recent signing to do 2 movies, and I can see where it would be very easy for Ronda to trot off to Hollywood with no second thoughts.

Problem is, right now Ronda *is* the face of WMMA. DFW and crew have done a damned good job putting her there. The other problem is, outside of Cyborg - I don't see any real threats to Ronda's title. I mean yeah, there's always the outside lucky chance that someone COULD beat her, but it doesn't seem very likely. So, if she takes her undefeated streak and vacates the title - where does that leave WMMA, and the rest of the competitors? Just kind of blowing around in the wind.

So, we have the one real threat - Cyborg. Nobody can argue that she juiced. The tests don't lie. But is it a case of "once a juicer, always a juicer?" Will she be forever damned because she juiced for awhile? That just doesn't seem fair.

I'd love to see Rousey vs. Cyborg. (and yes, by all means, test the bejeezus out of Cyborg.) Moreover,  I want to see Cyborg dethrone Rousey. Why? It's this simple. Cyborg is a fighter, and that's all she wants to do. She's not entertaining any offers from Hollywood, she's training for her next fight. And that's what WMMA needs right now. a FULL TIME Champion who wants to do nothing but fight. In the long run I can see Cyborg giving the title and WMMA more legitimacy than Ronda (I may bolt for Hollywood at any moment) Rousey.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 11:44 pm

I don't know if the case is, "Once a juicer, always a juicer" when it comes to all fighters... but we do know that once fighters start using and abusing the "juice" it's very difficult for them to turn and walk away from it due to the success they had in the cage while they were using.

I don't believe Hollywood is gonna come knocking on Cyborg's door anytime soon for a leading-lady role... I hate to state the obvious, but she's not the easiest on the eyes when it comes to the "look" Hollywood is looking for. LOL

No doubt that's why she's not considering any movies deals and is dedicated to fighting !
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 11:52 pm

IRONHORSE wrote:
So, we have the one real threat - Cyborg. Nobody can argue that she juiced. The tests don't lie. But is it a case of "once a juicer, always a juicer?" Will she be forever damned because she juiced for awhile? That just doesn't seem fair.
It is perfectly fair. Anyone who cheats in sports to gain an advantage should be outright banned from it. That is the only way to stop it. These "athletes" bring down sports, and what sporting is. If it was me in charge, one failed PED test and you are gone. I think athletic commissions should also never license a fighter again once they have tested positive for a PED.

These drugs are dangerous, and you know kids younger and younger are doing them to hopefully become like their PED using role models. If they know that they will be banned from professional sports forever for testing positive, they will rethink using them. Letting athletes continue to compete after a failed PED drug test sends the wrong message. The only message that should be sent is, "You use, you lose. Period. No second chances."
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:00 am

DGfishingtime wrote:

These drugs are dangerous, and you know kids younger and younger are doing them to hopefully become like their PED using role models. If they know that they will be banned from professional sports forever for testing positive, they will rethink using them. Letting athletes continue to compete after a failed PED drug test sends the wrong message. The only message that should be sent is, "You use, you lose. Period. No second chances."

That just seems a little draconian, to me. I'm by no means saying I advocate juicing - but it sounds akin to "Yes, Mr. Smith, we know you're now 50, and haven't touched a drop of alcohol since that day - but you had that DUI when you were 22, and we're not giving you your drivers license back."
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:06 am

The two aren't comparable. These athletes are looked up to by millions of kids. A person who gets a DUI isn't. A person needs to drive for work most times. Athletes don't need to compete for money. However they do, and to take that away would make them think twice. Some do it to try and make more money, but if they knew they would lose all sponsors and the right to compete to make that money, they would really think which is more important. Guarantee, the money is always more important.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:13 am

DGfishingtime wrote:
The two aren't comparable. These athletes are looked up to by millions of kids. A person who gets a DUI isn't. A person needs to drive for work most times. Athletes don't need to compete for money. However they do, and to take that away would make them think twice. Some do it to try and make more money, but if they knew they would lose all sponsors and the right to compete to make that money, they would really think which is more important. Guarantee, the money is always more important.

I wasn't comparing the 2, per se - merely illustrating a point. My point being this - you have to make the punishment match the crime. I'm certainly not an advocate of juicing. It's against bylaws and statutes in most State Athletic Commissions rules, and I don't know if the individual promotions have a set of rules like that, but I'm sure it'd be against those, too. But, to simply say "Yeah, you screwed up and broke the rules that one time - you're never fighting again - go serve fries at McDonalds."

That just seems draconian as hell, is all I'm saying. Much as i'd like to see it gone too, I could never support a rule that heavy handed.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:17 am

Once a cheater.....

They have to be more heavy handed, or it won't stop.

You also have to remember, they were only caught once.
Back to top Go down
Mu_Shin
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Mu_Shin

Chat Cash : 3706

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 3:38 am

Aligned with Ironhorse on this one.  It's like the old biblical parable, an eye for an eye lead to an awful lot of half blind people running around...

One and done wastes a lot of talent, if you're talking about banning anyone caught for PED's.  I've enjoyed watching Josh Barnett and he's a multi-time offender, and to irrevocably ban someone as talented and unique as Chrisiane Justino is not in the interest of the sport.  

If MMA athletes were as high profile as Alex Rodriguez, or someone like Lance Armstrong, I'd have a lot more sympathy for the role model arugument, but pragmatically, they're not.  Most hard core MMA fans know Cyborg, but she's hardly a household name.  She srewed up, she paid her fine, lost her title, served her suspension, and has now passed several tests to fight in Invicta and muy thai for Lion Fights.  

Very interested to see Christiane Justino make the cut to 135, and attempt to make the biggest fight in the sport's history a reality.  Maybe Joe Rogan does know something we don't, and here's one fan who hopes that we hear about a championship match-up between the two best women fighters on the planet...
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:32 am

Mu_Shin wrote:
Aligned with Ironhorse on this one.  It's like the old biblical parable, an eye for an eye lead to an awful lot of half blind people running around...

One and done wastes a lot of talent, if you're talking about banning anyone caught for PED's.  I've enjoyed watching Josh Barnett and he's a multi-time offender, and to irrevocably ban someone as talented and unique as Chrisiane Justino is not in the interest of the sport.  

If MMA athletes were as high profile as Alex Rodriguez, or someone like Lance Armstrong, I'd have a lot more sympathy for the role model arugument, but pragmatically, they're not.  Most hard core MMA fans know Cyborg, but she's hardly a household name.  She srewed up, she paid her fine, lost her title, served her suspension, and has now passed several tests to fight in Invicta and muy thai for Lion Fights.  

Very interested to see Christiane Justino make the cut to 135, and attempt to make the biggest fight in the sport's history a reality.  Maybe Joe Rogan does know something we don't, and here's one fan who hopes that we hear about a championship match-up between the two best women fighters on the planet...

MMA already has a bad name in a lot of powerful people's eyes. Most likely why it still isn't sanctioned in New York, besides the whole union argument. MMA is the fastest growing sport. It has a lot of kids watching it now. Most are at that impressionable age.

How long had she been screwing up though? Many believed she was juicing long before she was caught. This is a sport where you have to hurt people. Cheating by using PEDs should definitely be dealt with more severely. The fighters would be the ones wasting their talent by failing a PED drug test.

Once a fighter fails a PED test, to me they are no longer a legit fighter. Their record doesn't mean anything because you don't know how long they have been using, etc. You say Cyborg is one of the best women fighters on the planet. I say she is a nobody because she could have possibly been juicing most of her career, and her fights aren't legit.

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people who use PEDs to gain an advantage to win a fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)   Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video) Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Rogan talks about a huge announcement coming involving Rousey's next opponent (Video)
Page 1 of 1