MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11074

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! Left_bar_bleue1/1Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! Empty
PostSubject: Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one!   Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 10:01 am

Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! RouseyvsCyborg1_zps73b51321

By: IronHorse
@Ironhorse_somo
July 1, 2014

Over the past year and more, we've all witnessed the war of words between Ronda Rousey and Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino. It seems to be an endless litany of dire threats flowing both ways, to the point where a lot of fans have lost interest. One thing seems certain, though, these two women seem to have a definite dislike for each other. And, in the end, I think they need each other. That is, one needs to achieve a decisive victory over the other, to lay to rest permanently, the question of "Who is better?"

It seems to me, that what we are witnessing is a real life version of the movie "Highlander." Playing the role of Connor Macleod (The Highlander) we have Ronda Rousey. Playing the role of The Kurgan, we have Cyborg. There is little question these are the 2 baddest women on the planet. Arguments for each being "the baddest," all hold some validity. But to lay the question to rest for good, there can only be one solution: These 2 simply must fight.

Ronda plays the role of the (somewhat tarnished) golden girl, well.  She has her Olympic medal, the media power of the UFC behind her, and Dana White to play up his champion and run down her greatest potential rival (Cyborg.) She has her undefeated streak as UFC champ, and looks better, every time out.

Cyborg plays the role of the dark horse equally well. She's made some bad decisions in the past (PED's,) and the choice to take on Tito Ortiz as her manager sure isn't going to endear her to Dana White (given the animosity between Dana and Tito,) or make her (possibly, someday) entry into the UFC any easier. She's a mauler, plain and simple. She's damned scary in the ring, although her loss to Jorina Baars proved she isn't untouchable!

What weight should they fight at? Ronda fights at 135, Cyborg at 145. Both look in phenomenal shape, at their fighting weights. But in the end, that's only a 10 pound difference. Split the difference, and fight at a catch-weight of 140 pounds, make each woman give up 5 pounds - it's not that big a deal! There doesn't need to be a Title on the line. The bragging rights alone are enough.

So, Who wins this one? I honestly don't know. Their skill sets seem to offset each other well. I give a slight edge in punching to Cyborg (although Ronda has come a LONG way, since her beginnings,) and a slight edge to Ronda in grappling (Although Cyborg seems to have good enough chops to not be blown away by Ronda.) I think it'll all come down to who can impose their game plan, on fight night. Either way it goes, I think it'll be a great fight, and test both women in ways they've never been tested before.

And if this fight never comes to be? All I can say is it would be a very sad thing, and lead to many more years of arguments as to who was better.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26772

Character Sheet
Bar:
Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! Left_bar_bleue1/1Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one!   Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 5:10 pm

OK... I have a few thoughts on this saga.

I think only the hardcore Justino fans want to see this fight at 145... but most reasonable MMA fans know that's not gonna happen for a number of reasons.

1) There is no 145 lb women's division.
2) DFW wants to assure that Justino is "clean" should the fight happen down the road.
3) The way to somewhat assure that a "clean" fight is likely, is to have Justino cut to 135 and prove she can make 135 for at least 2 fights.
4) A 140 lb catchweight fight means nothing... Justino will simply bulk-up post weigh-in and will have the edge in size.
5) Justino has mentioned a few times lately that she's cutting to 135, and coming for Rousey.

I think the only way a 140 lb catchweight fight happens, is if Rousey expresses a definitive desire to leave MMA and go full blast into the movie industry or God forbid the entertainment wrasslin' world... but until that happens, risking a Rousey loss at 140 only serves to tarnish DFW's golden girl and doesn't make much sense other than the revenue generated from a PPV.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Rousey Fan
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Rousey Fan

Chat Cash : 7665

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one!   Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Rousey wins this fight at 135, if Cyborg gets serious and decides to really cut to 135.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11074

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one!   Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:01 pm

I read yesterday that Tito Ortiz resigned as her manager, in order to make it easier for Cyborg to get into the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one!   Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Yeah... I read that too.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one!   Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Bumping Thread since there's a lull in action before the next event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one!   Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rousey vs. Cyborg: There can be only one!
Page 1 of 1