MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26773

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson' Left_bar_bleue1/1Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson' Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson' Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson'   Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson' EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:36 pm

Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson' Q2_zpscd769f8a
When "going 80%", goes wrong. (MMA Weekly)

By Elias Cepeda
5 hours ago
Cagewriter

The admittedly "lil' arrogant" UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones has an explanation for why his last fight with Alexander Gustafsson was so close -- Jones says he didn't try all that hard. In fact, Jones has an exact number for how much he tried against Gustafsson while defending his UFC belt.

"Going into the Gustafsson fight I had just beaten Chael Sonnen, somebody that almost beat Anderson Silva twice, and I dominated Chael Sonnen in a minute and thirty seconds," said Jones during an interview with Jim Rome on Wednesday.

"I think for the first time in my career I really started to feel myself. I really started to think, 'Maybe I've got this extraordinary talent and maybe I just can't be touched.' I went 80 percent [against Gustafsson]. I'm not making any excuses. Gustafsson did a great job in the fight but I know that I had a lot more in me. I did some of the cardio tests that I normally do and my numbers weren't the same. Me knowing that, I still went into the fight thinking, 'Well, since I've performed excellent, maybe I'll still perform really really high, do really good and the fight may be a little closer if I just put half the effort in. I learned a lesson the hard way that you have to give full effort."

Jones probably found that his conditioning wasn't particularly helped by starting out his training camp for Gustafsson fat, either. So, that's another lesson he may have learned.

Those two can be added to the lesson Jones said he learned after nearly getting caught in an arm bar by Vitor Belfort in 2012 -- that he needs to train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu every day. Umm...yeah.

As a free tip to Greg Jackson and his camp, we've compiled a short list of other things his fighters will find slightly helpful to do on a daily basis - eating, breathing, sleeping.

Jones defends his UFC 205-pound belt once more on Saturday in Baltimore, against Glover Teixeira in the main event of UFC 172 on pay-per-view. Do you think Jones will take Teixeira seriously?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/jon-jones----i-went-80--against-alexander-gustafsson-154159520.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3451

Character Sheet
Bar:
Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson' Left_bar_bleue1/1Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson' Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson'   Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson' EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:44 pm

I guess the 20% he didn't use was his strike defense.  Raise The Bullshit F
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11075

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson'   Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson' EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 3:11 pm

He's so full of shit, it hurts. 80% - Right. He might as well be saying "I went just hard enough so it looked like I got my ass kicked, and I got a free trip to the hospital with my face looking like it'd been through a meat grinder." 

If he's as good as he THINKS he is, and a guy like Gus starts roughing him up like he did, common sense dictates that Jones would grab that extra gear and get to 100% ASAP, so he's not getting mauled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson'   Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson' Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones: 'I went 80 percent against Alexander Gustafsson'
Page 1 of 1