MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26772

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass Left_bar_bleue1/1Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass Empty
PostSubject: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass InvictaFightPass_zps87d4bc5c

By Rich Davie
@RichDavie
June 10, 2014

Invicta FC and the UFC have agreed to a multi-year deal to broadcast Invicta FC events and previous Invicta events on the Fight Pass subscription service, meaning that all prior Invicta FC content and upcoming Invicta FC events will now be available on Fight Pass only.

Having a solidified and concrete place to call home for Invicta FC broadcasting is great for the Invicta FC organization, but it's a move that's a bit odd for the way that the Zuffa / UFC organization has done business in the past.

Co-branding was never a strategy that was deemed a mutually beneficial arrangement for the UFC, especially since the UFC is the premier MMA organization in the world... and obviously, any organization teaming-up with the UFC in a co-branding situation is getting the better end of the deal.

With so many niceties going on between Invicta FC and the UFC, you can't help but think there's more going on here than meets the eye... and a simple co-branding broadcast arrangement is not what is happening here in my opinion.

Shannon Knapp was a former executive with Strikeforce and has worked for the UFC / Zuffa organization in the past, so there's some history there between Knapp and the UFC brass... but with much of the top talent from the Invicta FC 135 lb division being signed to the UFC already, and many of the contestants on the season 18 TUF show coming from the Invicta FC roster as well, it's has to make MMA fans wonder how cozy the relationship actually is between Zuffa and Invicta.

In addition to those facts, before the "Invicta Fight Pass" agreement was announced, we saw several more Invicta fighters signed to the UFC... and we also saw several other Invicta fighters receive a "free pass" or guaranteed spot in the house for the 115 lb Strawweight season of TUF 20, which is the first season of TUF featuring all women fighters.

As all of the top talent is siphoned-off from the Invicta FC roster, that really only leaves the Invicta FC organization as a feeder or minor-league women's MMA organization for the UFC.

What we're basically seeing here, is that Invicta has become to the UFC what the WEC was to the UFC... a feeder organization where up-and-comers wind-up in the UFC, and where fighters find a temporary home who didn't fare as well in the UFC when given the opportunity.

Even though Invicta FC's president Shannon Knapp states that the all female MMA organization is doing well and that she never considered closing the doors and giving up, MMA fans have to question if this is simply a precursor to an Invicta FC buyout by Zuffa.

I've been calling this buyout scenario for quite sometime now... and with the writing on the wall becoming even more bolder, I think Invicta FC will be the next MMA organization absorbed by Zuffa in the near future.

I'm of the opinion that Zuffa absorbing Invicta is not only great for the UFC and Invicta FC, but a fantastic deal for women's MMA and MMA fans alike.

So I'm gonna stick to my guns and say that regardless of what DFW and Knapp maybe be stating publicly, I say we'll be witnessing the absorption of Invicta into the UFC sooner rather than later... what do you all think ?

Last edited by Rich Davie on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3450

Character Sheet
Bar:
Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass Left_bar_bleue1/1Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Interesting. I've always wanted a "minor leagues" type of organization for the UFC. Maybe this is how they will do it. One more reason to use Fight Pass.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 11:21 pm

If my cable bill keeps going up I might cancel some services and get the Fight Pass subscription instead.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3450

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Rich Davie wrote:
If my cable bill keeps going up I might cancel some services and get the Fight Pass subscription instead.

Netflix and Fight Pass, plus MMA sites and I'm all good.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:39 am

Here's some of the WMMA talent we'll be seeing on TUF, in the UFC, and on Fight Pass :

Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass 10411403_10152894020072166_3472761604255020577_n
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Damon and I just did a quick Live Chat Show on this topic, I'll get it published as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11074

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 3:42 am

There does seem to be many implications to this deal. I think you may be right, Rich. I think perhaps DFW and company have realized that womens MMA isn't a joke, and after realizing what a cash cow it could be (no pun intended!) with Ronda Rousey, they're getting ready to go beyond "getting their feet wet" with WMMA, and take the plunge and invest in an entire roster of female mixed martial artists.

I'd love to see this happen, as I came to realize quite awhile back, that these ladies are putting on fights with a quality of fight that usually exceeds what their male counterparts are doing - I think because, at this point in the game, they know they have to try harder to get the recognition. I think they're worthy of every bit of the recognition they've gotten, and more, and I'd love to see the UFC take a bigger interest in WMMA.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 10:46 pm

I've been super busy, so I haven't had the chance to do the post production on the show that Damon and I did on this topic... it's still somewhat relevant since we haven't had the first Invicta event air on Fight Pass yet, so I'll hopefully get it finished-up in the next couple of days or so.
Back to top Go down
Rousey Fan
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Rousey Fan

Chat Cash : 7665

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 12:35 pm

I don't have fight pass, so I guess I won't be seeing many of the Invicta fights.

I hope they don't put this season's TUF on fight pass like they have been doing with so many TUF shows since they started this service.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:11 am

I was only speculating on the opening statement of this article, where I mentioned that :

Quote :
...the deal to broadcast Invicta FC events and previous Invicta events on the Fight Pass subscription service,
Quote :
meaning that all prior Invicta FC content and upcoming Invicta FC events will now be available on Fight Pass only.

On Thursday there was a press conference call regarding a Fight Pass announcement that seemed to confirm my speculation, and stated the following :

1) Invicta FC will hold and broadcast it's first event on Fight Pass on September 6th.

2) All of the Invicta FC library is now available on UFC Fight Pass.

3) Shannon Knapp announced the full fight card for the Invictia FC 8 event in Kansas City.

Michelle Waterson vs. Yasuko Tamada – (For Atomweight title)
Stephanie Eggink vs. Katja Kankaanpaa – (For vacant Strawweight title)
Tonya Evinger vs. Ediane Gomes
Tara LaRosa Roxanne Modafferi
Irene Aldana Peggy Morgan
Veronica Rothenhausler vs. Charmaine Tweet
Michelle Ould vs. DeAnna Bennett
Alexa Grasso vs. Ashley Cummins
JJ Aldrich vs. Delaney Owen
Jodie Esquibel vs. Jinh Yu Frey

4) The Invicta FC Atomweight champion Michelle Waterson was on the call and expressed and how excited she is to be a part of the card... and when asked if she expects or hopes to fight in the UFC, she said she believes Invicta will stand on it's own and she's happy to represent them.

5) Marshall Zelnik, the man in charge of the Fight Pass service, explained that Fight Pass will be the exclusive streaming partner with Invicta but they are actively looking for world wide distribution and possibly PPV in the future.

6) Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp stated that her plan is to bring in women fighters early on in their careers and build them into stars.

7) Apparently Fight Pass must not be doing as well as the UFC had hoped, because Marshall Zelnik would not answer the question about the number of subscribers the service has, despite his comment that Fight Pass continues to grow and exceeded every expectation they had.

8) Shannon Knapp also stated that Cris Justino will be seen on the Fight Pass service, but was unable to reveal when her next fight would be and at what weight despite the current news that Justino decided not to fight at 145 for a bout that was already scheduled, and will be moving to 135 for the Invicta FC 10 event in December.

...and putting a positive spin on things when Knapp was asked about the UFC scooping-up most of Invicta FC's strawweight talent for the TUF 20 season, Knapp stated that it allowed Invicta to bring in a lot of new talent and that she was able to fill the void in the division very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Rousey Fan
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Rousey Fan

Chat Cash : 7665

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:41 am

Invicta FC 8 on September 6, 2014 is the first Invicta event to air on Fight Pass.

Michelle Waterson vs. Yasuko Tamada (atomweight title)
Stephanie Eggink vs. Katja Kankaanpaa (for vacant strawweight title)
Tara LaRosa vs. Roxanne Modafferi
Irene Aldana vs. Peggy Morgan
DeAnna Bennett vs. Michelle Ould
Ashley Cummins vs. Alexa Grasso
J.J. Aldrich vs. Delaney Owen

I'm looking forward to seeing Jinh Yu Frey and Veronica Rothenhausler in their fights.

Veronica Rothenhausler KO'd Ashlee Evans-Smith in 5 seconds of round 1, and Ashlee Evans-Smith is the girl who TKO'd Fallon Fox.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Rousey Fan wrote:
Invicta FC 8 on September 6, 2014 is the first Invicta event to air on Fight Pass.

Michelle Waterson vs. Yasuko Tamada (atomweight title)
Stephanie Eggink vs. Katja Kankaanpaa (for vacant strawweight title)
Tara LaRosa vs. Roxanne Modafferi
Irene Aldana vs. Peggy Morgan
DeAnna Bennett vs. Michelle Ould
Ashley Cummins vs. Alexa Grasso
J.J. Aldrich vs. Delaney Owen

I'm looking forward to seeing Jinh Yu Frey and Veronica Rothenhausler in their fights.

Veronica Rothenhausler KO'd Ashlee Evans-Smith in 5 seconds of round 1, and Ashlee Evans-Smith is the girl who TKO'd Fallon Fox.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Waterson vs. Tamada, Rothenhausler vs. Tweet, and Jodie Esquibel vs. Jinh Yu Frey match-ups... I might even get the trial subscription to Fight Pass just to check out the Invicta FC 8 event !

I've been waiting to see Rothenhausler for a little bit now... she had a problem cutting weight last time out, and actually passed-out before the weigh-ins, so her last scheduled fight was cancelled.

I'm not real excited to see LaRosa vs. "The Happy Warrior" match-up... I think LaRosa will win that fight.

Roxanne needs a win badly here, as she's on a 6-fight losing streak... her last win was almost 4 1/2 years ago against LaRosa that she won by split decision.

LaRosa is 3-3 out of her last 6, but is also on a bit of a losing streak, LaRosa has lost her last 2 fights... her last loss was to Rin Nakai by Majority Decision.

I think Invicta FC 8 will be an interesting and exciting event.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 pm

The inaugural Invicta FC / Fight Pass event is right around the corner... a little over 2 weeks away.

Does the Invicta FC 8 event make you want to sign-up for UFC Fight Pass ?
Back to top Go down
Bill Waugh
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Bill Waugh

Chat Cash : 5568

Character Sheet
Bar:
Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass Left_bar_bleue500/500Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Rich Davie wrote:
The inaugural Invicta FC / Fight Pass event is right around the corner... a little over 2 weeks away.

Does the Invicta FC 8 event make you want to sign-up for UFC Fight Pass ?

It makes me want to sign up, but the with the infrequency of Invicta FC events I don't think it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 10:08 am

So the kick-off of the Invicta FC events airing on Fight Pass started last Saturday September 6th, for the Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada event, and there were some complaints about the quality of the stream.

I read comments complaining about the staggering / start-and-stop quality of the video, and other complaints about the quality of the audio... and it was apparently so bad that I read that the UFC is giving credit to subscribers to compensate them for those issues.

Have any of you heard or read about any of these issues and the UFC stating that they'll be compensating subscribers for the problems with the service that I mentioned ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass   Invicta - Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass Empty

Back to top Go down

Invicta FC events to air on UFC Fight Pass
Page 1 of 1