MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26794

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC Left_bar_bleue1/1Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC   Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:40 pm

Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC 2335467

By Rich Davie
@RichDavie
May 28, 2014

Chael Sonnen reported on the "UFC Tonight" show a little while ago that Wanderlei Silva refused to take a random drug test and is out of UFC 175 in July... and maybe out of the UFC as well.

Sonnen reported that when Silva was to be tested randomly, he refused and ran out of the gym with commission officials literally chasing after him.

For Wanderlei, this will more than likely result in the loss of his license... and the end of his UFC career, as a refusal to take a random test is the equivalent of a failed drug test.

Sonnen will still be fighting on the card, and will be meeting Vitor Belfort instead... this match-up will take place at light heavyweight, and will be for the #1 contender spot in the middleweight division.

Quote :
Chael Sonnen :

“(Silva) has operated his entire career under suspicion that he has been using performance enhancing drugs,” Sonnen said. “Now, we don’t have to speculate. His clean record came to a screeching halt when he not only failed his drug test, he refused to take the test.

“In the eyes of the commission, that is equal to a failure. They came to his gym and he literally ran out a side door. They were yelling his name.”

It's a shame Wanderlei's career in the UFC will likely come to an end as a result of this situation... but he's got nobody to blame but himself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3472

Character Sheet
Bar:
Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC Left_bar_bleue1/1Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC   Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:45 pm

Sad Wandy is such a tool now.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11096

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC   Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC EmptyFri May 30, 2014 4:31 am

All I can do is shake my head. Wow, what a stupid end to a career.
Back to top Go down
marobertson22
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
marobertson22

Chat Cash : 3709

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC   Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:54 am

Where's Wandy?
Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC Department_Store_Wandy
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC   Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:36 am

LOL

That one has been around for a little while now... I saw a new one on FaceBook the other day :

Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC 10352386_631980970210873_2283738443660624518_n
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11096

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC   Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:10 pm

I'm sure y'all have read, like I have, that Wandy says it was all "a big confusion," and that he couldn't sign any contract (for the drug testing) without his lawyer present, because he doesn't understand English well, and that he';ll get it all straightened out, and the fight will go on....and blah, blah, blah.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC   Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Oh really ?

I've been a little busy with things, so I haven't really followed through with any other updates.

I'll keep my eyes open for news on this.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC   Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:01 pm

I've been kinda busy the last week, so I haven't been able to keep on the the specifics about this news... but I've seen a couple of things pop-up on Twitter that would suggest that Wandi is not likely to be cut for what amounts to a failure of a drug test.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC   Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 1:38 pm

I started to post an update on this saga, but there was more info than would fit into a single post... so I'm going to make an article regarding the most recent news surrounding this situation.

I'll post it as soon as I have it done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC   Silva - Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanderlei Silva refuses to take drug test is out of UFC 175, and maybe out of the UFC
Page 1 of 1