MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26773

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him Left_bar_bleue1/1Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him Empty
PostSubject: Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him   Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him VitorBelfort_Headshot

By Rich Davie
@RichDavie
February 28, 2014

Since the decision by the NSAC and the UFC to ban TRT, there's been all sorts of news and comments about the new direction regarding TUEs for TRT.

Many fighters seem to be in favor of banning TRT, and shortly after the news broke Vitor Belfort was no longer fighting for the belt against Chris Weidman in UFC 173.

Initially the news was that Belfort decided to back out of the fight upon hearing the news, but apparently Vitor Belfort's FaceBook fan page posted a comment at roughly 10:30 am ET citing a comment which appears to come directly from Belfort himself stating that he didn't decide to withdraw from the bout against Chris Weidman in the UFC 173 Fight... it was the UFC's decision to remove him from the card and replace him with Lyoto Machida.

This is in contrast to a statement made prior to today's comment, where Belfort made a public statement saying that he decided not to apply for a license to fight in Nevada due to the recent changes to MMA rules that the NSAC has decided upon.

Here's today's post from Vitor Belfort's FaceBook fan page in both Portuguese, and the translated version provided by Bing :

"VITOR BELFORT NÃO DESISTIU DA LUTA, FOI OBRIGADO A DESISTIR".

“Nunca desisti de lutar no UFC 173 e nunca falei isso. Portanto, toda informação publicada em qualquer veículo de comunicação anunciando isso não é verdadeira.

O que anunciei foi que estarei "desistindo do TRT" e não "desistindo da luta" para continuar o meu sonho de lutar.

O UFC decidiu colocar outro oponente em meu lugar pelo fato de eu não ter tempo hábil de me adequar as novas regras da NSAC. Segundo o UFC, enfrentarei o vencedor de Weidman vs Lyotto dentro dos novos regulamentos de todas as Comissões Atléticas.

Lamento que isso tenha acontecido,e agradeço a força e compreensão de todos os fãs, patrocinadores, UFC e as próprias comissões atléticas".

--- (Translated by Bing) ---

VITOR BELFORT HASN'T GIVEN UP THE FIGHT, WAS FORCED TO RETIRE ".

"I never gave up fighting in UFC 173 and never mentioned it. Therefore, all information posted in any mass media advertising that is not true.

What I announced was that I will be resigning "TRT" and not "giving up the fight" to continue my dream of fighting.

The UFC decided to put another opponent in my place because I didn't have time to fit the new rules of the NSAC. According to the UFC, I will face the winner of Weidman vs Lyotto within the new regulations of all the Athletic Commissions.

I'm sorry that this happened, and I appreciate the strength and understanding of all fans, sponsors, UFC and athletic commissions ".

Vitor Belfort

Last edited by Rich Davie on Mon May 05, 2014 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3451

Character Sheet
Bar:
Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him Left_bar_bleue1/1Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him   Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:45 pm

I really wish the UFC would be truthful if this is true. Why lie about it?
Back to top Go down
T Daddy3000
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
T Daddy3000

Chat Cash : 3686

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him   Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 6:40 am

Anybody see this quote from Chael?

“The rules are the rules,” said Sonnen, during an appearance on FOX Sports Live. “That’s it. (Wednesday) it was legal, so quit complaining. (Thursday) it’s illegal. That’s it. Quit complaining.
“End of conversation. Testosterone’s out.”
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him   Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:22 am

That sums up the situation in a nutshell.

As long as TRT was acceptable within the allowable parameters, there wasn't much to complain about... other than the obvious abuse of TRT, and those who seemed to have mastered the ability to cycle-off before testing and not test positive.

...but now that's it's banned in the UFC, there's no more argument.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3451

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him   Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 11:19 am

Agreed. Gotta love Sonnen lol.
Back to top Go down
MMA Fan
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
MMA Fan

Chat Cash : 18681

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him   Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 8:28 pm

It looks like there's more than meets the eye about this story.

Joe Rogan is saying today that Belfort tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone just prior to this event.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him   Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Well if that's the case, Belfort vs. Sonnen may not happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him   Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort States He Didn’t Withdraw From UFC 173 Fight, The UFC Pulled Him
Page 1 of 1