MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White

Go down 
+5
d-yago
Angry Gameboy
IRONHORSE
Rousey Fan
Rich Davie
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Chat Cash : 12672

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Guess
Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
Tree22

Chat Cash : 12672

Character Sheet
Bar:
Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Don't know why people ain't giving gina a shot other then the ring rust she is a mua tai beast.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26772

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 5:47 pm

I love Gina Carano... if it's Carano vs. Carmouche, I'll be going with Gina "Conviction" Carano for the win.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Bumping Thread Rousey/Carano/Justino threads since there's a lull in action before the next event.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:36 am

More news on Gina Carano returning to MMA...

Apparently Gina won't be signing anytime soon with the UFC, as she plans on filming 2 more movies before the end of 2014. Sad
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3450

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:46 am

Rich Davie wrote:
More news on Gina Carano returning to MMA...

Apparently Gina won't be signing anytime soon with the UFC, as she plans on filming 2 more movies before the end of 2014. Sad
Can you blame her? I'd rather do the movies.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:57 am

I can't blame her... but it's starting to look like it may not happen.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:26 am

Rich Davie wrote:
I can't blame her... but it's starting to look like it may not happen.
I've always thought she should stay doing the movies. She can make more money doing them than fighting.
Back to top Go down
MMA Fan
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
MMA Fan

Chat Cash : 18680

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 9:04 am

If the problem with her not signing to the UFC, or any other MMA organization, comes down to money she's probably better off not returning to MMA.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 10:18 am

MMA Fan wrote:
If the problem with her not signing to the UFC, or any other MMA organization, comes down to money she's probably better off not returning to MMA.
It isn't just the money though. There is also a lot less risk of being hurt, unless she does all her stunts. You do have to remember that these fighters have to be able to make a living after fighting, so money and health seem the smart option.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11074

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:41 pm

To me, it boils down to: She either has the desire to fight again, or not. Money really should be a secondary consideration. The fire has to be there in her gut to want to fight. Apparently, it isn't. I don't blame her for that, though.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Yeah... I think you and MMA Fan hit the target with the problem regarding her signing with any organization.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 4:30 pm

IRONHORSE wrote:
To me, it boils down to: She either has the desire to fight again, or not. Money really should be a secondary consideration. The fire has to be there in her gut to want to fight. Apparently, it isn't. I don't blame her for that, though.
Let's be honest, money makes the world go 'round. I think if it weren't for money, she would have already been signed. Contract negotiations, etc. All money related.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 4:46 pm

DGfishingtime wrote:
Let's be honest, money makes the world go 'round. I think if it weren't for money, she would have already been signed. Contract negotiations, etc. All money related.

Well, we all have to make a living - but as for the rest, I have to disagree. It's that "fire in the gut" that lets fighters endure torturous training camps, and weight cuts. It's what makes them get in the ring, and want to beat their opponent. Without that, all the money in the world would still make a lousy fighter. I don't think Gina has that any more. As I said, I'm not placing blame. But if that fire really burned in her, the money she was being paid wouldn't be overly important to her.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 5:04 pm

IRONHORSE wrote:
DGfishingtime wrote:

Well, we all have to make a living - but as for the rest, I have to disagree. It's that "fire in the gut" that lets fighters endure torturous training camps, and weight cuts. It's what makes them get in the ring, and want to beat their opponent. Without that, all the money in the world would still make a lousy fighter. I don't think Gina has that any more. As I said, I'm not placing blame. But if that fire really burned in her, the money she was being paid wouldn't be overly important to her.
Oh, I know that is part of it. However, like I said, money always comes into play. I have no clue why they were in talks for her to not come back unless it was money related. I think she probably does have that fire, but has to come back at a certain dollar amount or risk not getting a bigger pay day if/when she wanted to come back after doing a movie. Her even being in talks more than likely shows she still has that desire because she could more than likely walk away from MMA right now and keep doing movies.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 5:13 pm

I guess we just come from opposite sides of the fence on this one. Could be we're both right, to a degree. I put the fire to compete before the money, you put the money before the fire. I guess the only one who really knows the answer is Gina herself.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 5:15 pm

IRONHORSE wrote:
I guess we just come from opposite sides of the fence on this one. Could be we're both right, to a degree. I put the fire to compete before the money, you put the money before the fire. I guess the only one who really knows the answer is Gina herself.
Agreed. With the Diaz brothers coming back though, I think it shows it does have a lot to do with money on a lot of fighter's part. Let's face it, the UFC pays dick wages to a lot of their fighters.
Back to top Go down
Rousey Fan
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Rousey Fan

Chat Cash : 7665

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:36 am

I read something last night where Dana White said that Gina is the most difficult fighter he has ever tried to work with.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:41 am

Rousey Fan wrote:
I read something last night where Dana White said that Gina is the most difficult fighter he has ever tried to work with.
I think Dana says that about everyone he can't sign.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 11:58 am

Rousey Fan wrote:

Yeah... I read the same thing on Twitter last night too.

It's not looking good... it sounds like the UFC is just tired of the back-and-forth games.

I love Gina Carano, but to be honest... it sounds to me that Gina is playing both sides in order to enhance potential compensation.

There's nothing wrong with that, but at 32 years old and being out of MMA for over 5 years now she realistically only has a handful of years left if she wants to compete in a realistic and relevant sense.

...and as far as the movie industry goes, "leading lady" opportunities start to fade away in a woman's late 30's and early 40's.

So she's kinda in a difficult spot... if she does the movie gig, revenue will continue to flow in the form of what's called "residuals" long after the movies that she does are over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White   Gina - Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gina Carano "kinda considering" the possibility of a return to MMA, and is meeting with Dana White
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2