MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

WSOF 9 streamed on the internets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3441

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
WSOF 9 streamed on the internets Left_bar_bleue1/1WSOF 9 streamed on the internets Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

WSOF 9 streamed on the internets Empty
PostSubject: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:
WSOF 9 streamed on the internets Left_bar_bleue1/1WSOF 9 streamed on the internets Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Okami dominated. No clue why the UFC got rid of him other than he wasn't an exciting fighter.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26763

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:28 pm

I think it had to do with the fact that he was making somewhere between 42 to 47k per fight and the UFC / DFW was looking to cut fighters that he deemed "not exciting" who were making "decent" money.

...and Josh Burkman looked good again tonight.

Last edited by Rich Davie on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Rich Davie wrote:
I think it had to do with the fact that he was making somewhere between 42 to 47k per fight and the UFC / DFW was looking to cut fighters that he deemed "not exciting" who were making "decent" money.

...and Josh Burkman looked good again tonight.
True, for that kind of money you better excite people. GSP though........
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:51 pm

I think GSP was one of the highest revenue generators for PPVs though.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:57 pm

Rich Davie wrote:

He was. He wasn't exactly an exciting fighter later in his career though. Love the guy, wasn't the biggest fan of a lot of his fights.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 12:13 am

GSP was always one of my favorite fighters, he was almost always the clear winner in every round he fought... with the exception of his last 3 fights or so.

I posted a comment about the the numbers of punches that GSP had taken prior to his last 3 fights vs. the numbers he had taken in his last 3 fights, and I don't recall the exact numbers... but I believe it was something like, the majority of punches GSP had received were in his last 3 fights.

I think the number of punches he received to date when he "took a leave of absence' was around 480... but I could be off on that.

I'll see if I can find the numbers.

Last edited by Rich Davie on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 12:21 am

DGfishingtime wrote:
Rich Davie wrote:

He was. He wasn't exactly an exciting fighter later in his career though. Love the guy, wasn't the biggest fan of a lot of his fights.

Here's a quote by Joe Rogan from an appearance on the Opie & Anthony Show regarding his last 3 fights, but I haven't found the numbers yet.

Quote :
Joe Rogan
November 2013

"I think Georges should retire. I think it's head kicks. That fight he had some serious memory loss (at UFC 167). I think he's taken too many shots. An interesting statistic is that Georges has taken more punches and kicks in the last three fights than any of his fights, ever. In fact, 50% of the shots he's taken his entire career were in the last three fights. I think he should get out. I know the UFC probably doesn't want to hear me say that. I know that could be a huge rematch.”
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 12:22 am

That's just crazy if you think about it.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 12:31 am

Rousimar Palhares did it again !

Not holding a lock too long, but getting another quick heel hook submission in round 1 !

This fella is an animal !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WSOF 9 streamed on the internets   WSOF 9 streamed on the internets Empty

Back to top Go down

WSOF 9 streamed on the internets
Page 1 of 1