MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26773

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 Left_bar_bleue1/1Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 Empty
PostSubject: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:48 am

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 CrisCyborgJustinovsJorinaBaars1_zps8bf1d78a

By Rich Davie
@RichDavie
March 29, 2014

The "unbeatable" Cris 'Cyborg' Justino was defeated by Jorina Baars in Muay Thai action at Lion Fight 14 last night.

Jorina Baars defeated Cris Cyborg by unanimous decision with the judges scorecards reading 49-45, 48-45, 49-44, to win the Lions Fight Welterweight women's title.

Going into this match-up, Justino's latest claim is that she weighs 170 pounds (with just four percent body fat) as her "walking weight."

The story just keeps growing when it comes to Justino's actual weight and weight issues... in the latest chapter of the Justino weight saga, Justino is claiming that she suffers when she has to cut weight, and also states that it's a sacrifice for her to get down to 145 pounds (which is obviously a not so sublime way of saying that she won't be able to make 135 to fight Rousey).

Justino also states that "I have to cut muscle," and with a sorrowful look of disappointment on her face she states that "It's hard, really hard."

Apparently Justino must have finally got the memo that the majority of MMA fans don't buy the "I'll literally die if I try to make 135" story, especially after Mike Dolce has repeatedly stated he can safely get her down to 135, as Justino has been recently quoted saying the following about Rousey; "She's a great athlete and a very good fighter, no doubt about it."

So it's going to be interesting to see if being served a slice of humble pie last night by Jorina Baars will have Justino change her tune when it comes to making the "life threatening" weight cut to 135 for the fight that many MMA fans would like to see... Rousey vs. Justino in the UFC.

Last edited by Rich Davie on Mon May 05, 2014 12:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3451

Character Sheet
Bar:
Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 Left_bar_bleue1/1Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:06 pm

He shouldn't be fighting anyways.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:18 pm

I wonder when the Justino vs. Fallon Fox bout is gonna happen ?
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:08 pm

I just watched the fight... when I saw the judges scores, it made it seem like it was a blowout for Baars... but it was actually a fairly close fight, and man oh man can Justino take a shot !!!

I scored it 48-45 Baars.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11075

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:39 pm

Yeah, agreed. I don't think there's any question Baars won it, and it further proved that Cyborg's a beast! But it was damned interesting to see her lose. She actually impressed me in this loss - she never stopped trying, kept coming forward and looking to end things. It shows me her warrior mentality, and I was impressed!
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Yeah... I was expecting to see he get her ass whooped looking at the scores, but she was basically in it for the duration of the fight.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Bumping Thread Rousey/Carano/Justino threads since there's a lull in action before the next event.

This is the last fight that Justino had before deciding to drop to 135... the last MMA bout Justino had was over a year ago, against Marloes Coenen at Invicta FC 6 - Cyborg vs. Coenen 2 on July 13, 2013.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11075

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:32 am

I follow Cyborg on Twitter and Instagram - she's been posting a lot of photos lately, and says she's cutting to 135....she looks very, very lean in the photos I've seen. She just might do it!
Back to top Go down
Bill Waugh
I am but a Grasshoppa
I am but a Grasshoppa
Bill Waugh

Chat Cash : 5569

Character Sheet
Bar:
Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 Left_bar_bleue500/500Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:43 am

She is definitely is going down to 135.

I think she is taking 1 fight at 135 in Invicta and then going to shoot for a UFC contract.

Dana White seems to like that idea, because he is now saying he is considering signing her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14   Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino defeated by Jorina Baars In Muay Thai Action at Lion Fight 14
Page 1 of 1