MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26763

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout Left_bar_bleue1/1Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout Empty
PostSubject: Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout   Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 1:34 am

Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout 031414-UFC-Rousey-Carano-PI.vadapt.955.medium.34

Marc Raimondi
FOX Sports
MAR 14, 2014 4:40 pm ET

DALLAS -- A potential fight between Ronda Rousey and Gina Carano seems to have many detractors. Rousey is not one of them.

The UFC women's bantamweight champion said she would be "ecstatic" to fight Carano. The Rousey-Carano bout has been rumored ever since UFC color commentator Joe Rogan made comments about a big announcement regarding women's MMA on the radio two weeks ago.

"I would love that," Rousey said Friday before UFC 171 weigh-ins at Gilley's Dallas. "I've always said that. I never would have thought women's MMA existed if I hadn'€™t seen her fight. I never knew there was such a thing until her. And to fight her would be a real honor and I think it would be a real milestone for the sport."

Carano, who has been doing movies, has not fought since 2009, a loss to Cris Cyborg in Strikeforce. Rousey has said in the past she would not fight Cyborg at a catchweight, but admitted that she would give Carano special treatment because she's one of her heroes. Carano has never fought in Rousey's 135-pound weight class and struggled to reach 140 during her fighting career. UFC president Dana White said Thursday he would not be interested in bringing Carano back for a catchweight fight, though.

As for Carano not being worthy of a title shot since she hasn't fought in nearly five years, Rousey doesn't buy it.

Quote :
“I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WOMEN'S MMA EXISTED IF I HADN'T SEEN HER FIGHT. I NEVER KNEW THERE WAS SUCH A THING UNTIL HER. ”

-Ronda Rousey on Gina Carano

"I think given for everything she's done for the sport and the pioneer that she is, I think that she would deserve a title shot any time," Rousey said.

Rousey, who is undefeated, said she still believes Cat Zingano is the worthy No. 1 contender. Zingano beat Miesha Tate almost a year ago to earn a title shot before tearing her ACL. Rousey has beaten Tate and Sara McMann since then and her viable contenders under UFC contract are dwindling.

Carano is actually one of those. She still has four fights left on her old Strikeforce deal that UFC absorbed when Zuffa bought it. Rousey is definitely interested in that bout happening.

"I'm excited and hopeful for something like that," Rousey said. "I think it would be huge for women's MMA. But I don't believe it until I sign it."

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ronda-rousey-says-she-would-be-ecstatic-to-fight-gina-carano-in-milestone-bout-031414
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11065

Character Sheet
Bar:
Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout Left_bar_bleue1/1Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout   Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:28 pm

Of course she'd love to fight Carano - who hasn't had a fight since 2009, and that was when Carano got crushed by Cyborg. Who wouldn't want to fight someone coming off a loss and  4 year layoff?  Suspect
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26763

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout   Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Yeah... I don't think this is gonna happen.

Gina is best suited for 145, and she might have a difficult time making it at 145 nowadays... and I believe this is more a case of Rousey respecting Carano, and a roundabout way of publicly slapping Justino in the face.

...and I actually didn't think the Carano/Cyborg fight was a literal beatdown, because I thought Gina was doing fairly well until the final seconds when the fight was stopped.

Gina was only 1 second away from making round 2... I'll post the fight in the "Fight Videos" forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout   Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout Empty

Back to top Go down

Ronda Rousey says she would be 'ecstatic' to fight Gina Carano in 'milestone' bout
Page 1 of 1