MMA Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Chat Cash : 3472

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? Left_bar_bleue1/1Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? Empty
PostSubject: Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening?   Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? Cyborg540

By: Damon Gesell
@DGfishingtime
February 24, 2014

It seems Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos has released a statement about fighting (and beating) the UFC's only female champ Ronda Rousey:

"In reference to Ronda’s statement that I am looking for a payday so that I can retire, you’re right, I am looking for a payday to retire you like I did Gina Carano. But to show it’s not only about money, I challenge you to a fight – winner takes all.  Or better yet let’s fight for FREE. ANYTIME! ANYWHERE! Ask your daddy Dana to make it happen.  

... Now I know critics will say “I thought you said you would die if you made 135.” All I’m promising is that I will give 100 percent to try to get to 135 to make this plan happen. If I do, I will still listen to my doctor’s advice and fight no more than three times at 135: first to win the Invicta belt, the second time to kick your ass and the third time to kick your ass again so that the world can see it wasn’t luck. You can even have me tested every week up to the fight. That way you will not have an excuse after I kick your ass."

"Cyborg" failed a drug test back in 2011 for the anabolic steroid stanozolol. Many had thought she was abusing during her career, but this was the only instance of her failing a drug test.

For me, I would like to see the UFC ignore her and forget the whole "Superfight" talks. Obviously only one of them was super, and injections helped her get that way. I am totally against the UFC signing fighters who have failed past (PED) drug tests. It sends the wrong message. "Oh, you were cheating? That's okay, we are fine with people cheating in the past if you can help us make money." That is at least my view on it.

Performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) should be dealt with severly. No contracts for former/current users. If the UFC wants to be seen as legit, they must have a "Zero Tolerance Policy". In my eyes, even the MLB isn't back to being legit since they don't have that policy in place. I have no interest in seeing athletes who cheat to win/raise their potential to do so.

There are many fighters who work hard without the use of PEDs to become champions. Their hard work should not be diminished because of cheaters. I'm sorry, but I do not believe in second chances in sports for those who cheat. They tarnish the image of sports altogether.

Sports are in an age that needs to be shut down. No sympathy for cheaters. I know there are still athletes allowed to compete after testing positive for PEDs. However, I would like to see organizations take the steps to eliminate performance enhancing drugs. Retroactive bans should be handed out in my opinion. There are plenty of young athletes who got to where they are without them. I would like to see them be able to feel confident their opponent(s) have done the same.

- DGfishingtime

Last edited by DGfishingtime on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Chat Cash : 26794

Character Sheet
Bar:
Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? Left_bar_bleue1/1Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening?   Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Nice... good stuff buddy.

I feel pretty much the same way you do... I'm not a fan of cheaters.

Like I've mentioned on the shows and elsewhere on the internet :

I used to be a supporter of TRT and TUEs since it is legal and acceptable within the rules of MMA... but rather than simply using TRT, we're seeing fighters abusing TRT.

...and that of course is to simply gain "the edge" and game the system.

I have no problem with Justino wanting to fight Rousey for the belt, It'll be interesting to see what happens to Justino if she can kick the roids to make 135... she shouldn't get a title shot straight away.

She should cut to 135, and take a fight or 2 to show that she can consistently make weight... and if she wins 2 fights at 135, then give her a shot at the belt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening?   Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:52 pm

Thanks. Yeah, I believe they need to get rid of TRT as well as you know. This fight interests me in theory, but not in reality. I'm sorry, but I even think Belfort should be banned from the sport. I do want to see Weidman lose, but mainly to stop the hype train. Belfort looks great as of late, but I still see steroids when I see him fight. Whether he is or isn't on them right now. TRT is a steroid, but an allowed one for now. Testosterone is a steroid our body naturally produces, so TRT is a synthetic steroid people are given to normalize their levels. Keeping track of those levels though can be very expensive.
Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks
Angry Gameboy

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening?   Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 7:41 pm

On my brother's advice, I edited in the (PED) for drug tests as he believed when first reading it that I was talking about all drugs. I am only against failed performance enhancing drug tests. I do not believe marijuana is a PED, and should not be treated as such. I understand it is illegal in some states, but I do not believe marijuana can enhance your performance or training in any way other supplements and medicines can.

The only drug tests I care about are the performance enhancing ones. This does include high levels of testosterone as well since TRT treatments are actually injections of synthetic testosterone which are a form of steroids, but we'll save that discussion for another time.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening?   Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:46 pm

We spoke about this topic on the UFC 170 post event show, and it appears that DFW is on the same page as I am in regard to Justino's situation.
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge
IRONHORSE

Chat Cash : 11096

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening?   Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:09 pm

I'm beginning to be of the opinion that they both need this fight. Or at least Cyborg really does, as I am beginning to have serious doubts as to how much longer Ronda's going to remain in MMA. After hearing about her signing to make 2 movies, I can honestly see a day when Ronda avails herself of making easy money without the training camps and bumps and bruises that comes with MMA, and walks away.

Cyborg, on he other hand, will probably be a fighter 'til she dies - and she really needs a win over Rousey in her cap to solidify herself as "The baddest woman on the planet."

Funny thing is, I've flip-flopped on this. I used to want them to fight, and Ronda to whoop Cyborg. Now I want it to happen, and Cyborg to crush Ronda. Why? Not because I've become less of a Ronda fan (although i have, to an extent,) or that I've come to be a bigger fan of Cyborg (nope!) but I see it as being the outcome best for the continuing blossoming of WMMA. If Ronda walks into movies undefeated, she takes all her Mojo with her, and WMMA is left without a "Face." At least if Cyborg crushes Ronda, we know she'll be around a few more years, and not have to worry about Cyborg dashing off to Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator
Rich Davie

Character Sheet
Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening?   Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Bumping Thread Rousey/Carano/Justino threads since there's a lull in action before the next event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening?   Rousey - Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyborg and Rousey possibly happening?
Page 1 of 1