This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Share | 

History does follow a course

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Chat Cash : 24361

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: History does follow a course   Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:03 pm

In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

The Obituary follows:

Born 1776, Died 2012

It doesn't hurt to read this several times.

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the last Presidential election:

Number of States won by:

Obama: 19 Romney: 29

Square miles of land won by:

Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by:

Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:

Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's - and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years .

Everyone should realize just how much is at stake, but apathy is proving to be the greatest danger to our freedom.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

Too many people prefer the blue pill... me, I prefer the red pill.         Belief Creates Its Own Reality

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto

The problem confronting the world today is that the world is full of ideologues who are more concerned with promoting their ideology than dealing in the facts.

An uneducated populous will fall for anything - Dr. Benjamin Carson

Stick with me... and you'll be wearing horse turds as big as diamonds !
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: History does follow a course   Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Somebody sent this to by email, and I thought it was very interesting.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

Too many people prefer the blue pill... me, I prefer the red pill.         Belief Creates Its Own Reality

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto

The problem confronting the world today is that the world is full of ideologues who are more concerned with promoting their ideology than dealing in the facts.

Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge

Chat Cash : 8663

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: History does follow a course   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 am

Still, though - Romney was (and is) such a freakin tool. Talk about a RINO. Guy had such a horrendous voting record as governor of Massachusetts that I knew there was no way in hell I wanted him in the oval office. If that's the best the Republican party can do - They can expect to be spanked by the Dems in the next election, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: History does follow a course   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:21 am

I agree.

How could the GOP not realize what happened the first time... in addition to the fact that a great number of Christians won't vote for Romney due to the fact that he's a Mormon and what his religion believes.

Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge

Chat Cash : 8663

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: History does follow a course   Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:40 pm

That election was actually the one that changed me from being a life-long republican to an independent. I finally decided it was time to stop voting for the lesser of 2 evils, and start voting where my heart lied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: History does follow a course   Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:20 pm

I've pretty much always been a "middle of the road" kinda of guy, but even more so now that both parties have been taken over by progressives who seem to prefer the extreme end of their respective ideology.

Politics in our country have devolved into a childish "Us vs. Them" mentality comprised of greedy politicians who don't give a shit about the people they're supposed to represent, and are more concerned with remaining in power so as to effect their personal agendas rather than working for the people of America.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: History does follow a course   

Back to top Go down

History does follow a course
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA Chat :: Off Topic Forums :: Off Topic Subjects-
Jump to: