This is the place for MMA fans to discuss MMA News, Events, and where MMA fans can give their fight predictions on MMA events.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rich Davie discusses the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz event and gives his main card predictions..... UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz Main Card Predictions On 'The MMA Live Chat Show', Click here to listen...
Rich Davie discusses and recaps the TUF 20 Episode 11 show featuring the final two quarterfinal fights between Carla Esparza vs. Tecia Torres and Joanne Calderwood vs. Rose Namajunas... TUF 20 Episode 11 - Esparza vs. Torres and Calderwood vs. Namajunas Recap... Click here to listen
The Event Pool XII - UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Fantasy Challenge has been settled... You can see the results by clicking this link...
We Stream Live on YouTube Wednesdays and Sundays...
We'll be doing another "MMA Live Chat Show" soon... The topic is yet to be determined... if you'd like to join us, just say so in the following thread by clicking on the link... Click Here To Let Us Know You Want To Join Us On The Show...

Share | 

The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Chat Cash : 24363

Character Sheet
Total Points: 500
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:49 pm

By Rich Davie
@RichDavie
September 10, 2014

Tonight is the premier of "The Ultimate Fighter 20: A Champion Will Be Crowned" show on the FOX Sports 1 network, and will be airing at 10:00 pm ET.

I think this season of TUF is likely to be one of the best seasons ever, and as usual there will be two teams competing against each other.

Anthony Pettis and Gilbert Melendez are the coaches this season, but I think most of us are more interested in and will be tuning in to see the competitors rather than the coaches.

This season of TUF is not like prior seasons, and for the first time ever this season will feature an all female cast of competitors in the 115 lb Strawweight division... and for the most part, they're already well known and established MMA fighters if you are a fan of women's MMA.

Several of the competitors are former Invicta FC fighters, and quite a few MMA fans feel is the most exciting division in Women's MMA.... which will make this season one of the most talent rich seasons, with some of the best female fighters... and when all is said and done, there will be an inaugural UFC Strawweight champion crowned in the UFC's newest division when two semifinalists meet at "The Ultimate Fighter Finale" in late 2014.

As a long-term fan of MMA and a long-term supporter of women's MMA, I'm very excited to see how this season of TUF unfolds, and who will be crowned the UFC's Strawweight Champion.

...and for those who aren't aware of who is on this season of TUF, here are the fighters on this season's all-female cast :

Carla Esparza : (9-2) 26 years old - USA
Felice Herrig : (9-5) 29 years old - USA
Angela Hill : (1-0) 29 years old - USA
Joanne Calderwood : (8-0) 27 years old - Scotland
Bec Rawlings : (5-3) 25 years old - Tasmania
Tecia Torres : (4-0) 24 years old - USA
Rose Namajunas (Na-ma-Yu-nas) : (2-1) 22 years old - USA
Jessica Penne (Penny) : (11-2) 31 years old - USA
Alex Chambers : (4-1) 35 years old - Australia
Aisling Daly : (14-3) 26 years old - Ireland
Lisa Ellis : (15-8) 31 years old - USA
Emily Kagan : (3-1) 32 years old - USA
Justine Kish : (4-0) 26 years old - USA
Angela Magana (Ma-Gan-Ya) : (11-6) 30 years old - USA
Randa Markos : (4-1) 28 years old - Canada
Heather Jo Clark : (6-4) 34 years old - USA

I mentioned on The Ultimate Fighter Season 20 On 'The MMA Live Chat Show' that it seems like the last two ladies I mentioned above we're a source of friction for several of the other ladies in the house... with Heather Jo Clark winning the title of the least likely to win new fans and friends according to what quite a few of the other ladies on the show had to say when asked in a recent interview as to who was the one person they had the most problems with.

If you're interested in watching the video I just mentioned, it was posted on The Ultimate Fighter FaceBook page... or you can use a search engine to search for "Heather Jo Clark is not a particularly well liked girl in the TUF house."

I'm also interested to know what the fans and you guys think about this season of TUF.

So who you think the 2 semifinalists will be, and who will be crowned the UFC's Strawweight Champion.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

Too many people prefer the blue pill... me, I prefer the red pill.         Belief Creates Its Own Reality

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto

The problem confronting the world today is that the world is full of ideologues who are more concerned with promoting their ideology than dealing in the facts.

An uneducated populous will fall for anything - Dr. Benjamin Carson

Stick with me... and you'll be wearing horse turds as big as diamonds !

Last edited by Rich Davie on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveChatHour
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks

Chat Cash : 1041

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:05 am

Getting bored. I don't need to hear life stories. I want to see fights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:20 am

This first fight should be a good one !

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

Too many people prefer the blue pill... me, I prefer the red pill.         Belief Creates Its Own Reality

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto

The problem confronting the world today is that the world is full of ideologues who are more concerned with promoting their ideology than dealing in the facts.

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:21 am

Randa Markos #14 vs. Tecia Torres #3

Last edited by Rich Davie on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:28 am

I've got round 1 :

10-9 Torres

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:37 am

Round 2 was all Markos !

I've got round 2 :

10-9 Markos

Making this one 19-19... and it should go to a sudden victory round.

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:39 am

Markos damn near got the GnP finish on Torres in round 2 !

That was an awesome comeback after round 1.

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:40 am

I'm rooting for the Canadian to get the win.

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:43 am

Both girls are being a little more cautious in the 3rd.

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:46 am

Round 3 was difficult to score.

I've got round 3 :

10-9 Markos

Making this one 29-28 Markos on my scorecard.

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:55 am

Yes !

Randa Markos get the unanimous decision win ! Clap

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:58 am

The first fight next week is :

Joanne Calderwood (8-0) vs. Emily Kagan (3-1)

Back to top Go down
Angry Gameboy
Moving Up The Ranks
Moving Up The Ranks

Chat Cash : 1041

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:06 am

Their first pick lost. Bad for Team Melendez.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:29 am

Once Markos landed some of that GnP on Torres, Torres was very reluctant to mix-it-up... that's what did her in.

If Torres would have been as aggressive as she was earlier on in the fight, she would have won the fight since the 3rd round was so close.

Back to top Go down
Tree22
On path of knowledge
On path of knowledge

Chat Cash : 10263

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:13 am

I got calderwood taking it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:06 am

Here are the teams, and how the ladies were ranked :

Team Pettis

#1 Carla Esparza

#14 Randa Markos

#2 Joanne Calderwood

#10 Alex Chambers

#4 Jessica Penne

#6 Felice Herrig

#9 Justine Kish

#5 Aisling Daly

Team Melendez

#16 Angela Hill

#3 Tecia Torres

#15 Emily Kagan

#7 Rose Namajunas

#13 Lisa Ellis

#11 Heather Clark

#8 Bec Rawlins

#12 Angela Magana

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:01 pm

It's Wednesday... and time again for another episode of TUF 20.

Bumping up the TUF 20 Threads and Videos for those who might have missed them.

Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
Bar:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:58 pm

Episode 4 is airing tonight, if you need to catch-up on the show here's some info on season 20 of TUF.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1   

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fighter Season 20: Episode 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA Chat :: MMA Chat Original Content :: MMA Chat Articles-
Jump to: